- The Beginning Ambedkar’s name derives from his name village ‘Ambavade’, located in Ratnagiri district in Maharashtra
- Soldier Dad His father Ramji Maloji Sakpal retired as a subedar from the British Indian Army in Mhow
- First Student Ambedkar was the 14th and last child of his parents. He was the only one of them to go to high school.
- In Bombay Ambedkar was the first ‘untouchable’ to enter Elphinstone High School, affiliated to University of Bombay
- Home Life When Ambedkar was 15, his marriage was arranged with 9-year-old Ramabai. She passed away in 1935.
- Second Marriage In 1948, he married a Brahmin doctor, Sharda Kabir, who then took on the name Savita
On October 13, 1935, Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar announced at the Depressed Classes Conference in Yeola, in the Bombay Presidency:...