- A statement to add substance to partnership in political, economic, cultural and defence spheres
- Partnership in the defence sphere will include CBMS, regular meeting of border guards, allowing observers during military exercises and a military briefing mechanism
- 2007 to be the Indo-China tourism promotion year
- 2008 to see Indian festival in China and China festival in India
- Bilateral Investment Protection Agreement
- India and China close to clinching a Regional Trade Agreement
- Opening consulates in Calcutta, Guangzhao
- Adding more flights to China
- More goodwill visits
- Set up mechanisms for more political consultations
- Special representatives to meet soon after Hu’s visit
China matters. Globally.
Its ascendancy has come when the world’s sole superpower—the United States—is bogged...