- Enrolling as a voter by filling in a form, attaching a photograph and depositing it at a drop box has been a great success in Hyderabad.
- As many as 4.2 lakh voters registered through drop boxes kept in public places since October.
- As many as 3.01 lakh applications were collected from boxes placed in post offices. 1.2 lakh from shopping malls and petrol stations.
- 1.9 lakh voter ID cards have already been delivered. The rest will be delivered by March 20.
- Since the pilot project in Hyderabad has been successful, it can be tried in other parts of the country.
***Getting enrolled on the voter's list in Hyderabad has become that much more simple. The credit lies with the Election Commission (EC), which introduced the people-friendly drop box system under the jurisdiction of Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC). The system, the first of its kind in the country and introduced as a pilot project in...