Cracks Under A Scanner
Round and round: The many unanswered questions around the Vadra land deal in Shikohpur, Haryana
- Vadra buys 3.5 acres in Shikohpur in March 2008 for Rs 15.38 crore. Seller: Onkareshwar Properties.
What “licence” did Skylight Hospitality, Vadra's company, get when it bought the land?
- Letter of Intent/licence received from Haryana government by Skylight during March 2008
What was this “licence” he was given later, in whose name, at what terms?
- DLF says it agreed to buy the plot, with its licensing status, and took possession in 2008-09
How could this land be "conveyanced" to DLF in 2008-09 if the existing laws didn't allow it?
- In September 2012, Skylight officially resold this plot to DLF Universal for Rs 58 crore
Doesn't this run foul of the East Punjab Consolidation Act 1948 that you can’t transfer or sell unconsolidated land?
- In August 2011, land consolidation was restarted in Shikohpur after a 15-year break
Is the 3.5-acre deal valid, given that this land still cannot be sold etc while consolidation is under way?
- The land is in a prime location near the highway, and close to an SEZ that did not take-off
Were the development plans of Sector 77 and 83 (Shikohpur) altered repeatedly? And to what impact on the 3.5 acres?
A towering crescendo of outrage had brought a hasty look-in. Then came reports that four district collectors in Haryana—of Gurgaon, Faridabad, Palwal and Mewat—had given a clean chit to the...