Lashkar-e-Toiba, A Year After
- Shifted its nerve-centre from Muridke to Lahore’s Jamia al Qadsia Mosque, which has become hub of anti-India campaign
- Public rallies have decreased, but it still collects funds and recruits people,
particularly in rural Punjab
- Still distributes pamphlets, periodicals preaching hatred against India
- Its focus has widened to include South Asia. Sees itself as the saviour of Islam.
- It has thrown open its centres to non-Pakistani terrorists as well
- Founder Hafiz Saeed was detained in December ’08 and released in June ’09 on court orders. Earlier, detained four times allegedly for anti-India activities.
When a band of terrorists swooped down on Mumbai on the night of November 26 last year, leaving behind a trail of death and a devastated metropolis, their act of violence—both highly targeted and, simultaneously,...