Before The Fall
- Till recently, Satyam was one of India’s top 4 IT firms
- Won Golden Peacock for corporate governance in Sept ’08. Now revoked.
- Raju was the 2007 E&Y Entrepreneur of the Year
- Was listed on NYSE, had big clients like GE, Nestle
- Set up 108 EMRI, other corporate social initiatives
***Sellout Unlikely Till Probe Is Over
Will Satyam survive?
Not in its current form. With a weak cash position, day-to-day running could become impossible. A sellout is unlikely till probe is over, though a management change by government diktat isn’t ruled out. Potential suitors are hovering around.