How To Home In
- Don’t act desperate: not for her phone number, not for a coffee date, and most certainly not for ‘frandship’
- Befriend her pals first. Then, anoint one of them as wingman to lay a foundation you can build on
- Look into her eyes, but remember, you’re not checking for contact lenses
- Move in from the side, where she can see you. Don’t accost her or surprise her with a creepy tap on the back.
- Don’t fidget with your fancy phone too much, even if you’re Googling for conversation starters or compliments
- Don’t read too much into signs, especially when there are none
“Are you a great kisser? Can you teach clueless young men to kiss?” Ladies, if you said yes to that, you could be the kissing coaches Real Man Academy has been scouting for. The Mumbai-based academy that enlightens men on the art of approaching, attracting and seducing women has advertised for two lady coaches who can pucker up and help students graduate from back-of-the-hand kissing practice to the real thing. That, in addition to a comprehensive training manual which academy founder Shiva, a software engineer, has worked out with the precision of a computer program: multimedia presentations, anatomical models, interactive role play, real models and, of course, “course material”.
If Shiva’s 500-strong student register (most of them aged between 22 and 32 years) is anything to go by, dating has come a long way from that coy tryst orchestrated by friends on Valentine’s Day, away from the prying eyes of parents and neighbours. The young and the restless today dismiss all that bygone bosh as tedious foreplay. Online...