You Know You’ve Goofed Up If...
- You start off with that Indianism — ‘What’s your good name?’
- You stand too close to or backslap your counterparts from Europe
- You don’t shake hands with women members of the team
- You assume that a woman accompanying a client is his wife
- You cut your noodles, or pair the wrong wine with the wrong food
- You team black shoes with a brown belt, or turn up in sneakers
- You offer to pay when you are a guest
— Kauser Khan, Protocol
Ever tried mastering chopsticks watching YouTube videos? Well, Roop Atwal did but it left her with two sticks and not a lot of noodle. The would-be-entrepreneur from Chandigarh, however, wasn’t deterred. She even mulled flying off to a Swiss finishing school for a hands-on course, and she had her reasons. Apparently, a friend had “stuck out like a sore...