To-do lists for the big sleuths
- New RAW chief Sanjeev Tripathi has been asked to prepare a new personnel policy to end intra-organisation turf wars
- Tripathi will also focus on RAW generating human intelligence, which has virtually dried up
- New IB chief Nehchal Sandhu will focus on expanding his human intelligence network after the government approved 4,000 new recruits
- Sandhu, considered one of the finest counter-terrorism experts, will also look at upgrading the technical intelligence capabilities of the IB
- Sandhu will also look at building up a network of databases that can help track terrorist outfits of all colours
- lIntelligence-gathering operations of the IB are likely to increase under Sandhu
Intelligence chiefs prefer to be neither seen nor heard. On December 31, India’s intelligence community saw two men, with some 60 years of experience between them—Nehchal...