Open Mouth... Extract Foot... Smile (or not)
- Be tolerant if Indians appear impolite and noisy. This is from living in chaotic cities.
- Don’t mention the American war, poverty or illegal aliens to Mexicans.
- A smiling Japanese person is not necessarily happy.
- Never mistake a Canadian for an American.
- Show care for the environment with Germans. No packaged jam at breakfast.
- Never wink at a person from Hong Kong.
On your marks, get set— as seven years of prep work comes to fruition, London is gripped by emotions of excitement and angst. The excitement: of holding a potentially memorable Games, and the economic windfall it promises to bring in its wake in these times of recession. The angst: can London cope with the Olympics?