- Even though he was already married by the time Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak released Aamir kept his status under wraps as his Uncle, producer-director Nasir Husain, felt a married romantic hero might hamper the film's prospects at box-office. In fact, Reena, who was then his wife, can be seen in the song Papa Kehte hain
- The only time Aamir used his real name -- Aamir Hussain Khan – for a character was in Raakh (1989).
- Although popularly associated with cricket ever since Lagaan (2001), Aamir's first love when it came to sports was tennis. He even represented Maharashtra state at the national level. He's also an avid chess player and is famous for solving the Rubick's Cube in record time.
- Amongst the Bollywood superstars Aamir would perhaps be the only one, besides Aishwarya Rai, to endorse both cola giants at different times across his career. Interestingly his maiden commercial for Pepsi featured Aishwarya, who was a popular model then, and later when she became an actress she, too, like Aamir endorsed Coca Cola.
- Aamir is also the only one of the three Khans who hasn't worked with either Sridevi or Aishwarya Rai, two of the leading actresses since he debuted. He was to star opposite Sridevi in a Roman Holidayesque project suggested by Mahesh Bhatt but they ended up doing Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahin (1991) and Aishwarya Rai was to do Raja Hindustani (1996) and Mangal Pandey: The Rising (2005) before she walked out of the two projects.
- Before Maine Pyar Kiya (1989) made him a star, Salman was a very popular model. Two of his commercials from the 1980s were Hero Honda CD-100 and Limcacameo.
- Salman was the first choice for Baazigar (1993) and when he refused to play a flat-out negative role, the script was tweaked to enhance the mother's character played by Rakhee. In fact, legend has it that it was Salman's father, the iconic screenwriter Salim Khan, who suggested the mother angle. Later even Akshay Kumar refused this role that eventually went to Shahrukh and changed his life.
- A fitness freak Salman has been instrumental in getting many actors to hit the gym including Hrithik Roshan.
- Although Salman and Aamir are great friends now, the latter found Salman's attitude extremely unprofessional during the making of Andaz Apna Apna (1994) and even vowed to never work with him again.
- Salman is said to have been an ace swimmer during his school days.
- Before Salman joined the cast of Karan-Arjun (1995) the film was called Kainat and featured Ajay Devgan along with Shah Rukh Khan.