- Greek architecture is an absurd reference for contemporary India
- Still, why Greek? This structure belongs in a filmset, not a place of learning
- Using an ancient kit of parts—a touch of the Parthenon here, a dab of Capitol Hill there—how is this a building for our times?
- Students will feel dwarfed here
- This is not sustainable and out of sync with Infosys’s character, based on the ideals of knowledge economy
- Mr Murthy wanted something that looked like the universities abroad
- Greek classical architecture lasted for centuries as will this institution
- The plaza, the crescent shape, the musical fountain: everything about the building shows the transformative power of education
- It’ll inculcate a sense of pride in them
- We have all the green gizmos. This...