Crotchet For Cord
- Complete ban on commercial surrogacy
- Only altruistic surrogacy by a close relative will be allowed
- The close relative agreeing to be a surrogate should be married, aged between 25 and 35 years and have her own child
- Only a couple, married for at least five years and certified as infertile by a government-appointed medical board is eligible to have a child through surrogacy
- People from LGBTQ communities, those unmarried, divorced or widowed can’t commission surrogacy
- Registered medical practitioners, any person who owns a surrogacy clinic or is employed in one, or a person who acts as an agent for commercial surrogacy, is liable to be jailed for five years and pay a fine of Rs 10 lakh
- Any couple who commissions commercial surrogacy is liable to five-year jail term and Rs 5 lakh fine; subsequent offence to attract 10 years in jail and fine of Rs 10...