- The 4-door Nano will have a 623-cc rear-mounted engine, 4-speed manual transmission with 20 km/litre mileage
- Launch: Sep ’08. On-road price (Delhi): Rs 1.30 lakh (for the base model)
- 3.1mx1.5mx1.6m—Nano is smaller than the Maruti-800 but offers 21% more space inside
- Engineered in steel. Tata Motors says it will meet crash-test requirements
- Bharat-3, Euro-4 emission norms met
***Also In The Race
- Maruti Suzuki A-Star: Has a 1-litre engine. Production to start in October.
- Bajaj concept: Compact, designed inhouse, around 800 cc, expected price tag: Rs. 1.6-1.8 lakh. Launch: end-2009.
- Volkswagen Polo: Small car on the Polo platform, production will start in 2010. Likely price tag: Rs 3.5-4 lakh.
- Ford: Investing $500 million in a new plant for a small car. Production is expected to start in...