The Punchhi Commission in 2010 agreed with the 1988 Sarkaria Commission that governors be appointed from among eminent people in different walks of life and that they should not be from the state they are posted in.
- Proposed governors be appointed by a committee comprising the vice-president, PM, home minister, speaker, leader of the opposition and the chief minister of the state.
- Cooling period for politicians
- Fixed tenure of five years
- Provision to impeach by state legislatures
Ex-cops in Raj Bhavans
- Andhra Pradesh: E.S.L. Narasimhan (66)
- Goa: B.V. Wanchoo (62)
- Kerala: Nikhil Kumar (72)
- Manipur: Gurbachan Jagat (70)
- Meghalaya: Ranjit Shekhar Mooshahary (67)
- Nagaland: Ashwani Kumar...