Desire's Obstacle Course
- Male Climacteric: A group of symptoms faced by men over 60. These may be impotency, general fatigue, poor concentration and irritability and are attributed to low levels of free testosterone. But with testosterone-replacement therapy, this can be corrected.
- Menopause: The beginning of old-age problems for most women. The vaginal passage becomes smaller, lubrication can become a problem and, therefore, the desire for sex may proportionately diminish. However, there is hope in hormone-replacement therapy.
- Disinterest: More generally supposed than true. Curiously, studies reveal that sexual disinterest is usually more common in people who were deprived of physical or emotional satisfaction in relationships of their youth.
- Boredom: It's "psychological fatigue" which is the more inclusive term as this particular kind of clinical boredom may be due to a host of reasons. Prime among them are decline in overall fitness, cultural inhibitions and low self-esteem.
- Abstention: Keeping off sex is not a good idea if you want to return to it.
Subscribe to Outlook’s Newsletter