Benami properties linked to the Karmapa and his followers in Himachal Pradesh that are being probed for illegalities:
- The Gyutoe Educational Society, Sidhbari (Dharamshala), which runs the Gyutoe Tantric Monastic University, abode of the 17th Karmapa
- 16 acres in Trilokpur village near Dharamshala, purchased in October 2007 by Tai Situ Rimpoche, the ordained teacher of the Karmapa
- 18 bighas acquired in Kullu for Rs 91,25,000.
- 1.5 hectares in Kinnaur, purchased in 2008
- More than a hectare purchased by the Shugseb Nunnery in Garoh, near Dharamshala, in the name of Dolmaling, whose nationality is being ascertained
- Nine bighas in Rewalsar bought by Mingchung Dorje, a Tibetan refugee, by showing himself an Indian national
- Land transferred by Tsultrim Tenzin, a refugee, using false domicile and ‘agriculturist’ certificates in Lahaul-Spiti district