- Efficient and uncompromising administrator.
- Knows to cut red tape to facilitate economic growth.
- Delivers on developing infrastructure.
- Charismatic and a talented mass campaigner.
- Does not encourage cronies or hangers-on.
- Autocratic and authoritarian.
- The stain of Gujarat 2002 and his unapologetic silence.
- Disregards minorities and other marginalised sections.
- Feared by colleagues in BJP and by some in Sangh parivar.
- Some NDA allies will be uncomfortable with his projection on the national stage.