Shocking facts in the UNICEF report:
- One woman dies every five minutes from pregnancy-related complications
- An estimated 3,50,000 children are orphaned every year because of the high maternal mortality rate
- India accounts for 20 per cent of maternity deaths in the world
- Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Orissa, West Bengal and Bihar have the worst indicators
- India's record is worse than that of Bangladesh, Pakistan and Sri Lanka
- Despite overall development in the country, there's no sign of reduction in maternity deaths in the last 10 years.