The State Of Secretary
- At the time of Bill Clinton’s election in 1993, it was said in jest that the wrong Clinton had entered the White House
- Hillary Clinton lost the Democratic Party nomination to Barack Obama in 2008 but agreed to join his team
- Bill Clinton and Obama didn’t enjoy the best of ties but the Romney charge saw the ex-President enter the scene
- The buzz is Bill Clinton forcefully campaigned for Obama’s re-election to pave the way for Hillary in 2016
- Hillary Clinton might not mind a second term in Obama’s team; she could use it to prime up for a presidential bid
By voting day, Bill Clinton had lost his voice “in the service of my president”. But by then, the former US president had also touched the Barack Obama campaign with his magic wand. Casting a spell on voters always eager to drink him up, he made the case for Obama better than the candidate himself. Persuasive charm personified. It was the master sorcerer unplugged.