- Jet deal to fuel Abu Dhabi’s plans for global aviation hub by routing Indian traffic to US, Europe
- India needs FDI from Abu Dhabi, but latter worried about investment protection. Setbacks in Etisalat, ports project, Dubai Aluminium and Emaar case tarnished India’s image.
- Jet deal precursor to India-Abu Dhabi signing investment protection pact and Indian PM’s visit to the UAE later this year
- Approving an increase of over 36,000 weekly seats for Etihad, which will seriously hurt Air India
- Will state allow Jet’s plan to fly from 23 more Indian cities, connect them to Abu Dhabi at the cost of desi carriers, Delhi, Mumbai hubs?
- Unresolved issues like total amount of FDI which according to DIPP exceeded the maximum limit
- Can a change in shareholder agreement guarantee that control will remain with Jet?