- Anil's desire for a 50:50 split in businesses is nearly impossible, unless he can pressure Mukesh to spin off a few divisions out of RIL and give them to him.
- Anil is unlikely to get RIL; Mukesh will not give up control over the flagship that constitutes a major proportion of revenues, assets and cash flows; he will also not agree to any vertical or other split in RIL.
- Mukesh will not give up Reliance Infocomm; Anil may not want it as the telecom venture's fortunes depend on financial help from RIL
- So, any split has to be an unfair one to Anil; unless he can force Mukesh to give up RIL, a few divisions of RIL and/or Reliance Infocomm (with a legal deal to help it financially); this is very unlikely
- Divide the wealth in flagship RIL between family members; 30% each to Mukesh, Anil, mother Kokilaben and 5% each to the two sisters
- Ensure that the group's businesses are divided "fairly...