- April 30, 2011: Arunachal Pradesh CM Dorjee Khandu and four others die in a Pawan Hans chopper crash
- April 19, 2011: 17 die when a Pawan Hans helicopter ferrying 23 passengers from Tawang to Guwahati goes up in flames
- February 2, 2011: Two majors die when an army chopper crashes near a residential area in Nashik
- September 11, 2010: Three die when an IAF Chetak crashes in bad weather in Jharkhand
- September 3, 2009: Andhra CM Y.S.R. Reddy dies in chopper crash
Two chopper crashes within a fortnight have brought the focus back again on air safety. Both aircraft belonged to Pawan Hans, the government-run helicopter service. The first accident, on April 19, left 17 people dead in Arunachal Pradesh; the second, on April 30, also in Arunachal Pradesh, claimed the life of the state’s chief minister,...