The Government has made linking of Aadhaar Card with PAN card mandatory for all taxpayers in India. The deadline for linking PAN Card with Aadhaar Card is June 30.
Previously, the deadline set by Income Tax Department was 31 March, which was extended to 30 June. Those who are linking the PAN and Aadhaar now are required to pay a penalty of Rs 1,000. If someone fails to link the two documents will have several consequences.
As today is the deadline, one should check the status of whether their Aadhaar Card is linked to PAN Card by checking their status.
Here’s How To Check The Status Of The Aadhaar-PAN Card Link Online.
1. Visit the Income Tax Department’s official website - incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal/
2. Open the Quick Links section and select Link Aadhaar Status
3. Enter your PAN and Aadhaar Card number
4. Click on the ‘View Link Aadhaar Status’ option
5. The screen will show you the PAN-Aadhaar link status
If you have your PAN Card linked with aadhaar, then the screen will show linked or else, it will show the link to get both cards linked.
To Check The Status Of The Aadhaar-PAN Card Link Through SMS, Follow The Steps Below:
1. Open the messaging app on your phone
2. Create a new message and type <UIDPAN <12 Digit Aadhaar Number>< 10 Digit PAN Number>
3. Send this message to 56161 or 567678
4. You will receive an SMS regarding the update on your Aadhaar-PAN link status on your registered mobile number.
The IT department has made linking PAN and Aadhaar Card mandatory to ease financial transactions. On failing to link the two documents, the PAN Card will be made inoperative. Therefore, it is advised that those who have not linked PAN and Aadhaar yet must get it done.