The crisis-hit airline Go First extended its flight suspension until 4 June, citing operational reasons on Tuesday. Earlier, it had announced the cancellation of all flight operations until 30 May, extending it now by five more days.
In a statement released online, Go First said all flights scheduled till 4 June 2023, have been cancelled. The airline said that a full refund will be made to the original mode of payment shortly.
"We apologise for the inconvenience caused by the flight cancellations... A full refund will be issued to the original mode of payment shortly," the airline wrote on Twitter.
The company had already stopped issuing tickets and temporarily ceased operations on 3 May.
"As you are aware, the company has filed an application for immediate resolution and revival of operations. We will be able to resume bookings shortly," the statement added.
On Monday, senior executives of the cash-strapped airline discussed its revival plans with officials of aviation watchdog DGCA, reported PTI.
The meeting came after the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) asked the airline to submit its revival plan within 30 days.
On 2 May, the domestic budget airlines filed a petition for voluntary insolvency resolution proceedings citing its inability to continue operations due to the non-delivery of engines by the US-based engine manufacturer Pratt & Whiney. Go First’s cash flow has been affected due to the grounding of more than half of its fleet because of recurrent issues and the non-supply of engines from Pratt and Whiney.
The airline’s plea was admitted by the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) on 10 May.