Go First announced on Saturday that it has cancelled all of its flights till May 30, 2023, due to operational reasons. The announcement came hours after the crisis-hit airline had suspended flights till May 28.
The airline posted its statement on Twitter, which said, “A full refund will be issued to the original mode of payment shortly.”
“We acknowledge the flight cancellations might have disrupted your travel plans and we are committed to providing all the assistance we can,” the statement said.
Earlier on Friday, the company had announced in a similar post that flights will remain suspended till May 28.
The developments come amid the voluntary insolvency proceedings of the airline. National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) had admitted the voluntary plea and granted the airline moratorium on its financial obligations.
Airline’s lessors had filed a challenge against the ruling in the National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT). However, NCLAT dismissed the challenge and upheld the NCLT order in the case.
Notably, Go First has not operated its flights since May 3, a day after filing for bankruptcy.
Aviation regulator Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) on Wednesday asked the airline to submit a comprehensive revival plan for resuming operations within 30 days. In its plan, the airline has to furnish details about available aircraft fleet, pilots and other personnel required to revive operations.
Earlier this month, DGCA had also asked Go First to issue refunds to the passengers of its cancelled flights in a time-bound manner.