'You're A Cliche, Modi, You're A Cliche'
"If you've been here in New York, it's been dominated by the UN General Assembly, the annual event where delegates come from all over the world to fu*k up the city's traffic.
"Almost every world leader has been here but no one has had a bigger imapact than Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Just this morning he gave a sold-out speech at Madison Square Garden that featured everything, from dance-numbers to a live on-stage painter creating a speed portrait of it. And I gotta say, Modi, classic out-of-towner move: comes to New York, stays for a .few days and leaves with a slap-dash caricature, all done in the Times Square area: 'You're a cliche, Modi, you're a cliche.'
"But perhaps his crowning glory during the trip was his appearance at last night's Global Citizen Concert at Central Park. It wasn't as if he gave a great speech. It's that he had a one helluva finish:
Narendra Modi: Thank you once again for having me! Thanks in particular to Hugh Jackman. God bless you! May the force be with you!
"What? Wow! That's a power move right there! Standing next to Wolverine and throwing out Star Wars quotes! Bear in mind, this guy was banned from entering the United States up until just four months ago for his role in the Gujarat riots! That's quite a turnaround for him!
"And let me say this to all other world leaders. This is the new bar. Do not turn up to this city again unless it is with an A-list movie star and throwing out quotes from films that they were definitely not in.
"For instance, Rober Mugabe is not welcome here unless he is standing next to Billy Crytal shouting, "To infinity and beyond!" for no reason whatsoever.
"And I do not want to see Angela Merkel set foot on American soil unless she is with Vin Diesel, and screaming, "I will have what she is having! I will have what she is having!"
- Farooq Abdullah Slapped With PSA, An Act Introduced By His Father 42 Years Ago
- 'Will Visit J&K HC': CJI Gogoi On Allegations That People Are Unable To Approach Court
- 'No Shah, Sultan Or Samrat Should...': Kamal Haasan Jabs Amit Shah On Hindi Push
- 'No 56 Can Stop You': Karti Chidambaram Takes A Dig At PM Modi As He Wishes Father On Birthday
- 'Restore Normalcy In Jammu And Kashmir,' SC Tells Centre
- From Cambodian Polls To Broken Heart Syndrome, Valley Newspapers Carry Everything But Kashmir
- The World Is Watching India. It Won't Let Us Get Away On Kashmir, NRC For Too Long
- BLOG | Rumours Have Stronger Legs Than Denials In Kashmir Valley
- New Job For Justice Gaur: Even Arun Jaitley Felt It Was Wrong To Reward Retiring Judges
- Strong And Decisive Leadership May Not Help Always. It Can Cause More Damage Than Good
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- On PM Modi's Birthday, Ahmedabad Schools Directed To 'Celebrate' Abrogation Of Article 370
- How Many Tuned Into Watch IND-PAK WC Match? These Numbers Will Stun You
- PM Modi To Meet His Nemesis Mamata Banerjee On September 18
- Guardian’s List Of Top 100 Movies Pricks Bollywood’s Content-Rich Era Bubble
- Case Against Two Vets For Death Of Pet Dog At Telangana CM's Residence
- Nifty 50, Sensex Start On Weak Note Due To Spike In Oil Prices
- In Snow-Clad Ladakh, Khenrab Phutsog Works To Save The Elusive Snow Leopard
- Ashes: Stokes Not Interested In England 'What Ifs' After Series Draw