Young Girl Writes To Google Asking For A Day Off For Daddy
So, the story that's gone viral is that a little girl named Katie somehow not only wrote but managed to ensure that her father's employer got the following letter:
Dear Google worker,
Can you please make sure when daddy goes to work, he gets one day off.
Like he can get a day off on Wednesday.
Because daddy ONLY gets a day off on Saturday.
P.S. It is daddy's BIRTHDAY!
P.PS. IT is summer, you know.
The employer's response?
Thank you for your thoughtful note and request.
Your father has been hard at work designing many beautiful and delightful things for Google and millions of people across the globe.
On the occasion of his Birthday, and recognising the importance of taking some Wednesdays off during the summer, we are giving him the whole first week of July as vacation time.
And because a good deed deserves praise, or because so many people want it to act as an example worth emulating for their employers, the letters have gone viral, ensuring great PR for Google as a result. Clearly a good deed didn't go unrewarded at least in this case.
Do tell us whether you think your employer would react as generously.
- 22 Opposition Parties Move Election Commission Over Reports Of EVM Tampering
- EC Must Put All Speculations To Rest: Pranab Mukherjee On EVM Tampering Row
- Modi Meets Union Council Of Ministers To Thank Them For 'Service To Nation'
- CWC 2019: Ravi Shastri Hails 'Fantastic' Communication between Virat Kohli And MS Dhoni
- 'Accept Defeat With Grace': BJP Slams Opposition Over EVM Tampering Claims
- My Vote Is For the Well-Being Of My Fellow Indians
- The Statue Went Bust
- Mayawati, Honourable Prime Minister. Why The Heartburn?
- Can India's Character As A Secular Republic Be Sustained?
- Yogi Deveshwar: Corporate Honcho Whose Touch Gave Wings to Air India, High Flight To ITC
- How WhatsApp Saved The Day For A Cyclone Fani-Hit Journo In Odisha
- Arunachal Pradesh MLA Tirong Aboh, 10 Others Killed By Suspected Militants In Tirap
- 'Will Even Take Up Arms To Protect Our Vote Against Rigging:' Upendra Kushwaha On EVM Tampering Row
- Dissent In Model Code Violation Cases Will Not Be Made Public, says EC
- Madhya Pradesh Govt May Reopen Murder Case Involving Pragya Singh Thakur
- SC Dismisses PIL Seeking 100% Matching Of VVPAT Slips With EVMs
- Karnataka Congress Leader Appeals Muslims To 'Join Hands' With BJP If Need Arises
- Saradha Case: SC Rejects Former Kolkata Top Cop Rajeev Kumar's Plea
- 'Who Taught You Pathological Obsessive Lying Skills': BJP MP Rajeev Chandrasekhar On Rahul's Tribute To His Father