Young Girl Writes To Google Asking For A Day Off For Daddy
So, the story that's gone viral is that a little girl named Katie somehow not only wrote but managed to ensure that her father's employer got the following letter:
Dear Google worker,
Can you please make sure when daddy goes to work, he gets one day off.
Like he can get a day off on Wednesday.
Because daddy ONLY gets a day off on Saturday.
P.S. It is daddy's BIRTHDAY!
P.PS. IT is summer, you know.
The employer's response?
Thank you for your thoughtful note and request.
Your father has been hard at work designing many beautiful and delightful things for Google and millions of people across the globe.
On the occasion of his Birthday, and recognising the importance of taking some Wednesdays off during the summer, we are giving him the whole first week of July as vacation time.
And because a good deed deserves praise, or because so many people want it to act as an example worth emulating for their employers, the letters have gone viral, ensuring great PR for Google as a result. Clearly a good deed didn't go unrewarded at least in this case.
Do tell us whether you think your employer would react as generously.
- Pakistan Gets 4 Months To Act Against Terror Funding, Escapes FATF 'Black List'
- From Wuhan Spirit To Chennai Connect, Sino-Indian Ties Gather Momentum After Modi-Xi Meet
- INX Media Case: CBI Files Charge Sheet Against P Chidambaram, Son
- Ayodhya: Muslim Parties Refute Reports Of Sunni Waqf Board Withdrawing Case
- Supreme Court Orders Transfer Of Assam NRC Coordinator Prateek Hajela To MP
- Rape Survivors Experience Health Problems For Years After Traumatic Episode
- Everything Is ‘Normal’ In The Wonderland That Is Kashmir
- Blaming BJP For Rot Within Won’t Help Congress
- Jadavpur Fracas Godsend For BJP, It Is Set To Crack Open Left's Citadel
- Aurat ka Dal, and 99 Other Reasons Why Not to Impose Hindi
- From Cambodian Polls To Broken Heart Syndrome, Valley Newspapers Carry Everything But Kashmir
- No Relief For PMC Depositors As Supreme Court Refuses To Hear Plea
- Sarfaraz Ahmed Removed As Pakistan Captain Across All Three Formats
- Hapur Custodial Death: FIR Against 3 Cops For Murder, Assault Of Farmer
- Controversial Ex-Hindu Mahasabha Leader Kamlesh Tiwari Shot Dead
- Pehlu Khan Case: Rajasthan Govt Challenges Acquittal Of 6 Accused
- CJI Ranjan Gogoi Recommends Justice Bobde As His Successor
- 'Didn't Fire A Single Bullet': BSF Says Bangladeshi Forces' Action Was Unprovoked
- Stolen, Not Lost: Aggrieved Depositors Endorse Harsha Bhogle's Call