You Can Take A Punjabi Out Of Punjab...
New York magazine reports:
While getting food at a Punjabi deli in New York's East Village, musician Derek Beres (of EarthRise SoundSystem) dropped a beat on the deli case as the man behind the counter burst into song.
In Derek Beres' own words:
Post-EarthRise SoundSystem gig, Duke and I hopped into a great Punjabi food spot on 1st and Ave A, where he has a long history of jamming with the brothers there.The saag is spiced perfectly, the gulab jamun not too sweet, and vocals ring out non-stop through the night.
Links in separate e-mails from Sohail Sawhney and Anurag Sharma
- How Modi-Shah Arithmetic Proved Opposition Calculus Wrong
- Naresh Goyal Stopped From Leaving India, MHA Issues Lookout Notice
- 'Minorities Were Deceived By Those Who Practiced Vote Bank Politics, Have To Win Their Trust': PM Modi
- 'Drama': BJP Mocks Mamata Banerjee For Offering To Quit CM Post
- Pak Foreign Minister Says Ready To Hold Talks With New India Govt
- My Vote Is For the Well-Being Of My Fellow Indians
- The Statue Went Bust
- Mayawati, Honourable Prime Minister. Why The Heartburn?
- Can India's Character As A Secular Republic Be Sustained?
- Yogi Deveshwar: Corporate Honcho Whose Touch Gave Wings to Air India, High Flight To ITC
- How WhatsApp Saved The Day For A Cyclone Fani-Hit Journo In Odisha
- After Intel Reports On ISIS Boat, Kerala Coast On High Alert
- Over 700 People Homeless After Heavy Rain Lashes Tripura
- Removed From WhatsApp Group For Questioning Poll Performance: Lamba Slams Kejriwal
- Ex-village Head, Who Campaigned For Smriti Irani, Shot Dead In Amethi
- Impressed With PM's Glorious Win, Muslim Woman Names Newborn 'Narendra Modi'
- Anurag Kashyap Mentions Rape Threats To Daughter While Congratulating PM Modi
- MP Congress Worker Shaves Head After Losing Bet To BJP Worker
- Once A Decorated Striker, Bhaichung Bhutia Yet To Dribble Past Political Opponents And Score