Writer of World-Famous 'Headless Body' Headline Dies at 74
Vincent Musetto, former editor at The New York Post who is widely known for his 'Headless Body in Topless Bar' headline that is considered the most famous in the history of American newspapers, died today at the age of 74. He was suffering from pancreatic cancer.
The headline that grabbed eyeballs appeared on the front page of the Post on 15 April 1983, after a gruesome incident when a man killed a Queens strip club owner... and then forced another to cut off the victim's head.
Musetto also claimed credit for many of the Post's sensational front page headlines: 'Khadafy goes Daffy', 'Granny Executed in Her Pink Pajamas', '500lb Sex Maniac Goes Free', and 'I Slept With a Trumpet', each as distinctive as can be.
He is survived by his wife, Claire, and daughter, Carly.
- Who Will Form The Next Govt? Results Of High-Stakes Lok Sabha Elections On Thursday
- Lok Sabha Election Results: Why Karnataka, Bengal, Odisha May Spring A Surprise
- Lok Sabha Election Results: Regional Parties May Hold More Trumps Than BJP, Congress
- Anxious Congress, UPA Allies Await LS Poll Results After Exit Poll Trauma
- Home Ministry Alerts States About Possible Violence During Counting Of Votes
- My Vote Is For the Well-Being Of My Fellow Indians
- The Statue Went Bust
- Mayawati, Honourable Prime Minister. Why The Heartburn?
- Can India's Character As A Secular Republic Be Sustained?
- Yogi Deveshwar: Corporate Honcho Whose Touch Gave Wings to Air India, High Flight To ITC
- How WhatsApp Saved The Day For A Cyclone Fani-Hit Journo In Odisha
- CWC 2019: There Will Be Disappointment If India Rely Too Heavily On Kohli, Warns Tendulkar
- Opposition 'Tarnishing' India's Democracy By Questioning EVMs: Amit Shah
- 'Enfeebled Commission': Congress Slams EC, Says It Is Black Day For Democracy
- Govt Clears Names Of Four Judges For Elevation To Supreme Court: Report
- Rahul Gandhi vs Smriti Irani, Modi vs Ajay Rai, Rajnath vs Poonam Sinha: Key Contests In UP
- Delhi Minister, Activist Prashant Bhushan Booked For Tweets On EVM Hacking
- Indian Air Force Successfully Test Fires Aerial Version Of BrahMos Missile From Su-30 MKI Fighter Aircraft
- Party Workers Keep 24-Hour Vigil Outside EVM Strongrooms Ahead Of Counting Day