Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
Since the move by the government to demonetise Rs 500 and 1000 notes to combat black money and couterfeit currency, most ATMs across the country have had their shutters pulled down. The few functional ones have seen gargantuan queues snaking from the glass door of the vestibules on to main roads, comprising of mostly patient but essentially very bored and very broke people.
The cap on the amount of money one can withdraw with an ATM card on a single day has only added to the pressure on these wonderful cash vending machines.
But what if you reach the door and just then the machine runs out of cash? Imagine the pointlessness of it all, of existence itself. Bet that thought has run through your mind because let's face it, an ATM machine can hold Rs 40 lakh in various denominations, including Rs 500 and Rs 1000 currency notes, at one time. And now that most of them are only dispensing Rs 100 notes — because those are the apple of everyone's eye and because Rs 2000 monopoly money ka khulla nahi milega — the maximum that an ATM machine can now hold at one time is only Rs 20 lakh.
So if you have almost prostrated in overwhelming thankfulness in front of the ATM machine upon getting to it after beating those 50 odd people who got there before you, and if, when it dispensed that crisp wad of 20 hundred rupee notes, you felt like it was some miraculous occurrence at the behest of some entity much larger than yourself, stop. Before you call it your road to Damascus, watch this video:
To enlarge image, click on it or here.
- 'Black Cats' To Be Deployed Soon In J&K For Anti-Terror Ops
- Assam Lynching Victim’s Russian Girlfriend: Nilotpal Always Said Assam Will Know Him One Day
- India Retaliates To Trump's Duty Hike, Raises Import Duties On US Products
- World Cup Roundup Day 7: Three Identical Score Lines As The Favourites Run Out Winners
- After Bio-Digesters Try-Out, Will ‘Airline-Type’ Toilets In Rail Coaches Find Success?
- Modi's Bullet Train: Rail Development Must Come About More Balanced
- All Fine, But Bagasse Plates Can’t Figure On Railway’s Priority List
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED