Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
Since the move by the government to demonetise Rs 500 and 1000 notes to combat black money and couterfeit currency, most ATMs across the country have had their shutters pulled down. The few functional ones have seen gargantuan queues snaking from the glass door of the vestibules on to main roads, comprising of mostly patient but essentially very bored and very broke people.
The cap on the amount of money one can withdraw with an ATM card on a single day has only added to the pressure on these wonderful cash vending machines.
But what if you reach the door and just then the machine runs out of cash? Imagine the pointlessness of it all, of existence itself. Bet that thought has run through your mind because let's face it, an ATM machine can hold Rs 40 lakh in various denominations, including Rs 500 and Rs 1000 currency notes, at one time. And now that most of them are only dispensing Rs 100 notes — because those are the apple of everyone's eye and because Rs 2000 monopoly money ka khulla nahi milega — the maximum that an ATM machine can now hold at one time is only Rs 20 lakh.
So if you have almost prostrated in overwhelming thankfulness in front of the ATM machine upon getting to it after beating those 50 odd people who got there before you, and if, when it dispensed that crisp wad of 20 hundred rupee notes, you felt like it was some miraculous occurrence at the behest of some entity much larger than yourself, stop. Before you call it your road to Damascus, watch this video:
To enlarge image, click on it or here.
- Alliance With BSP, RLD Final; No Seat-Sharing Issues: Akhilesh
- Maharashtra Govt Planning To Bring Ordinance Against Dance Bars
- Opposition Rally Will Be 'Death Knell' For BJP: Mamata
- Vinesh Phogat Becomes First Indian To Be Nominated For Laureus World Sports Awards
- Piyush Goyal's 'Vision 2022': Every Citizen Should Get Electricity, Clean Drinking Water, Toilets
- Only Thing That Can Ground Naveen Patnaik This Time Is ‘Problem Of Plenty’
- What Will Be The Effect Of Alliances Against BJP Across India
- Two Mega Film Releases Trigger A Wave Of Crazy Fan Behaviour In Tamil Nadu
- Politics And Public Memory In Kashmir
- Sabarimala Issue May Help BJP Grow In Kerala But Social Reform Is Inevitable
- From Bollywood To South India, What Made Kader Khan A Darling Of Film-Makers
- 10 Trapped After Avalanche Hits Khardungla Pass In Ladakh
- Justices Dinesh Maheshwari, Sanjiv Khanna Take Oath As SC Judges
- Days After Demonetisation, Ajit Doval's Son Started Cayman Islands Hedge Fund: Congress
- Rajasthan: RTI Applicants Receive Condoms Instead Of Response For Their Queries
- WATCH: Bhuvneshwar Kumar Leaves Everyone Confused With Strange Delivery
- AUS Vs IND, 3rd ODI Updates: Chahal Strikes First Over As India Take Control
- More Congress MLAs Return Home Ahead Of Key Meet Today
- Now Sindhi Activists Demand Independent Nation In Pakistan