Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
Since the move by the government to demonetise Rs 500 and 1000 notes to combat black money and couterfeit currency, most ATMs across the country have had their shutters pulled down. The few functional ones have seen gargantuan queues snaking from the glass door of the vestibules on to main roads, comprising of mostly patient but essentially very bored and very broke people.
The cap on the amount of money one can withdraw with an ATM card on a single day has only added to the pressure on these wonderful cash vending machines.
But what if you reach the door and just then the machine runs out of cash? Imagine the pointlessness of it all, of existence itself. Bet that thought has run through your mind because let's face it, an ATM machine can hold Rs 40 lakh in various denominations, including Rs 500 and Rs 1000 currency notes, at one time. And now that most of them are only dispensing Rs 100 notes — because those are the apple of everyone's eye and because Rs 2000 monopoly money ka khulla nahi milega — the maximum that an ATM machine can now hold at one time is only Rs 20 lakh.
So if you have almost prostrated in overwhelming thankfulness in front of the ATM machine upon getting to it after beating those 50 odd people who got there before you, and if, when it dispensed that crisp wad of 20 hundred rupee notes, you felt like it was some miraculous occurrence at the behest of some entity much larger than yourself, stop. Before you call it your road to Damascus, watch this video:
To enlarge image, click on it or here.
- LIVE Updates: Security For Those Who Take Money From Pakistan And ISI To Be Reviewed, Says Rajnath
- 'Ready To Sacrifice My Other Son For India, But Pakistan Must Pay,' Says Father Of Slain CRPF Jawan
- Pulwama Attack: India's Response Has To Be Well Considered, Options Not Unlimited
- We Never Thought He Would Join Militancy, Says Stunned Father Of Jaish Militant
- Light A Candle, Pay Tribute To CRPF Bravehearts
- China’s Growing Influence In Nepal Vs India’s Soft Power
- Will 'Operation Lotus' Boomerang On BJP In Karnataka?
- Faulted By Design: Cow Slaughter In India And Bank Interest In Pakistan
- A Race To Grab Spotlight This Election Season
- Zero's Failure Should Not Dissuade Shahrukh Khan From Trying New Roles
- The Big 'Little Brother' Of Tamil Nadu
- Pulwama Terror Attack: Entire Opp Stands With Security Forces, Govt, Says Rahul Gandhi
- Officials Fear Magnitude Of Pulwama Attack Could Lure More Youth To Join Militant Ranks
- Regret Every Killing On Kashmiri Soil, Say Separatists Without Mentioning Pulwama
- Perpetrators Must Be Punished, But Can Entire Nation Be Blamed For Handful Of People: Sidhu
- India Summons Pak Envoy Over Pulwama; Indian HC Asked To Return For 'Consultations'
- ‘Our Struggle Will Go To Delhi And Gujarat’: 19-Year-Old Jaish Terrorist Behind Pulwama Terror Attack
- Big Surprises! India Announce Three Squads For Australia Series
- Those Behind Pulwama Will Have To Pay, Security Forces Given Complete Freedom: PM Modi