Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
Since the move by the government to demonetise Rs 500 and 1000 notes to combat black money and couterfeit currency, most ATMs across the country have had their shutters pulled down. The few functional ones have seen gargantuan queues snaking from the glass door of the vestibules on to main roads, comprising of mostly patient but essentially very bored and very broke people.
The cap on the amount of money one can withdraw with an ATM card on a single day has only added to the pressure on these wonderful cash vending machines.
But what if you reach the door and just then the machine runs out of cash? Imagine the pointlessness of it all, of existence itself. Bet that thought has run through your mind because let's face it, an ATM machine can hold Rs 40 lakh in various denominations, including Rs 500 and Rs 1000 currency notes, at one time. And now that most of them are only dispensing Rs 100 notes — because those are the apple of everyone's eye and because Rs 2000 monopoly money ka khulla nahi milega — the maximum that an ATM machine can now hold at one time is only Rs 20 lakh.
So if you have almost prostrated in overwhelming thankfulness in front of the ATM machine upon getting to it after beating those 50 odd people who got there before you, and if, when it dispensed that crisp wad of 20 hundred rupee notes, you felt like it was some miraculous occurrence at the behest of some entity much larger than yourself, stop. Before you call it your road to Damascus, watch this video:
To enlarge image, click on it or here.
- No Complete Ban On Sale And Use Of Firecrackers, Says Supreme Court
- Gurgaon Judge's Son Who Was Shot At By Security Guard Dies In Hospital
- Address Your Own Issues: India Slams Imran Khan’s Statement On Kashmir
- Sabarimala Doors Shut, Women's Right To Pray In Lord Ayyappa Temple Remains A Distant Dream
- Jamal Khashoggi Killed Within 7 Minutes Of Entering Saudi Consulate: NYT Report
- BJP's 'Win' In Kashmir Valley Will Be Remembered For Wrong Reasons
- Rail Apps: When A Train Ticket Examiner Left Passengers Speechless
- Durga Puja In Calcutta A Parable Of Life
- M J Akbar Should Be Fired Rather Than Being Allowed To Resign
- Why Kishore Kumar Declined A Cover Version Of His Idol KL Saigal's Songs
- Health Hazards Caused By Contaminated Water Supply In Indian Railways
- Not Satisfied With Saudi Arabia’s Explanation For Khashoggi Death: Trump
- BJP Minister Subhash Deshmukh Accused of 'Duping' Govt Of Rs 24 Crore
- SC Verdict On Nationwide Ban On Firecrackers Today
- Vijay Sharma's Secy, Two Other Employees Held For Blackmailing Him With Stolen Data
- Sensex Falls Below 34,000 Mark, Rupee Depreciates By 23 Paise
- At Sabarimala, IG Sreejith Cries In Front Of Lord Ayyappa
- After Getting Trolled, Maharashtra CM's Wife Apologises For Selfie On Ship
- Woman Raped, Rod Inserted In Her Private Parts In West Bengal