Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
Since the move by the government to demonetise Rs 500 and 1000 notes to combat black money and couterfeit currency, most ATMs across the country have had their shutters pulled down. The few functional ones have seen gargantuan queues snaking from the glass door of the vestibules on to main roads, comprising of mostly patient but essentially very bored and very broke people.
The cap on the amount of money one can withdraw with an ATM card on a single day has only added to the pressure on these wonderful cash vending machines.
But what if you reach the door and just then the machine runs out of cash? Imagine the pointlessness of it all, of existence itself. Bet that thought has run through your mind because let's face it, an ATM machine can hold Rs 40 lakh in various denominations, including Rs 500 and Rs 1000 currency notes, at one time. And now that most of them are only dispensing Rs 100 notes — because those are the apple of everyone's eye and because Rs 2000 monopoly money ka khulla nahi milega — the maximum that an ATM machine can now hold at one time is only Rs 20 lakh.
So if you have almost prostrated in overwhelming thankfulness in front of the ATM machine upon getting to it after beating those 50 odd people who got there before you, and if, when it dispensed that crisp wad of 20 hundred rupee notes, you felt like it was some miraculous occurrence at the behest of some entity much larger than yourself, stop. Before you call it your road to Damascus, watch this video:
To enlarge image, click on it or here.
- Explosion In Sri Lanka's Pugoda Town Near Colombo
- PM Modi To Hold Mega Roadshow In Varanasi Today; To File Nomination Tomorrow
- Might Send Gifts, Sweets But Won't Give Vote: Mamata Banerjee's Reply To PM Narendra Modi
- Modi Traps Mamata With A Googly, Didi's Sweet Relationship With Bengal Muslims May Get Bitter
- Over 60% of Motor Vehicles In India Are Uninsured
- Modi The Man, Made For The Camera
- In Politics, Sunny Deol Will Have To Wait For Taarikh After Taarikh To Get Things Done
- Leaders Know Political Rhetoric Needs To Be Entertaining, Otherwise Rallies Are Boring
- Chennai’s Famous Historian S. Muthiah Is No More
- 'Let's Ask The Congress Spokesperson...Wait, Where's The Congress Spokesperson? We Just Lost The Link'
- Why NaMo TV Should Not Be Banned
- Two Militants Killed In Encounter In Jammu And Kashmir's Anantnag
- 16 More Arrested As Sri Lanka Continue Crackdown On Terror Suspects
- Sri Lankan President Asks Defence Secretary, Police Chief To Resign Over Easter Sunday Bombings
- Retire Your Candidate From Begusarai: CPI Appeals To Tejashwi Yadav For Kanhaiya Kumar
- How Twinkle Khanna Reacted To PM Narendra Modi's Comments About Her Criticism Of Him
- WATCH: MS Dhoni's Lightning-Quick Stumping Stuns David Warner
- Congress Using 'Tantra Mantra' To Stop PM Narendra Modi: BJP
- WATCH: CCTV Footage Of Suicide Bombers Entering Sri Lanka's St Sebastian Church, Shangri-La Hotel