Wizard! Harry Potter Jr Is Now At Hogwarts
Potterheads across the globe went bonkers after author of the widely-loved Harry Potter series, J.K. Rowling, tweeted this:
I'm in Edinburgh, so could somebody at King's Cross wish James S Potter good luck for me? He's starting at Hogwarts today. #BackToHogwarts— J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) September 1, 2015
Harry Potter, the boy wizard whose life at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry kept millions captivated, both in print and on-screen is 35 years old now and it's his son, James Sirius Potter — named after Harry's father James and Harry's godfather Sirius Black — who has received his letter of acceptance from Hogwarts (wonder if they still use owls for post) and is all set to start school.
Excited fans went berserk wishing Harry Jr the best of luck and asking him to enjoy the next years of his life.
Some even sounded like old relatives exclaiming on the swift passage of time — "Has it really been 19 years already?"
But the fun didn't stop at King Cross Station's Platform 9 3/4. Rowling even tweeted about the sorting ceremony where freshers are sorted into the four Hogwarts houses — Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin.
Have just heard that James S Potter has been Sorted (to nobody's surprise) into Gryffindor. Teddy Lupin (Head Boy, Hufflepuff) disappointed.— J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) September 1, 2015
Teddy Lupin is of course the son of James Potter's friend late Remus and Nymphadora Lupin.
Many Potterheads seemed disappointed that James Potter was put into Gryffindor and not Slytherin.
Harry's other children Lily Luna and Albus Potter are still in primary school but hopefully they will be off to Hogwarts soon.
Here's hope that Rowling comes up with some great stories about their adventures at Hogwarts instead of simply teasing fans on Twitter.
- PM Modi Welcomes Chinese President Xi Jinping In Mamallapuram
- Postpaid Mobile Service Likely To Resume In Kashmir From Saturday
- A 'Clerical Error' Leading To Musical Chairs In Congress' Tripura & Other North-East Units
- Soul Of Cricket Reforms Has Become Impure: RM Lodha
- India v South Africa, Pune Test: Kohli, Bowlers Leave SA In Tatters
- Everything Is ‘Normal’ In The Wonderland That Is Kashmir
- Blaming BJP For Rot Within Won’t Help Congress
- Jadavpur Fracas Godsend For BJP, It Is Set To Crack Open Left's Citadel
- Aurat ka Dal, and 99 Other Reasons Why Not to Impose Hindi
- From Cambodian Polls To Broken Heart Syndrome, Valley Newspapers Carry Everything But Kashmir
- The World Is Watching India. It Won't Let Us Get Away On Kashmir, NRC For Too Long
- Nobel Peace Prize 2019 Awarded To Ethiopian PM Abiy Ahmed Ali
- Govt's Advt In J&K Newspapers Asks People To Resume Normal Life
- Kohli 1st Indian To Score 7 Double Tons
- Chinese Flags Burnt In Guwahati As Xi Jinping Arrives In India
- Use Of Religion As Commodity, A La Baba Ramdev, Is Gross Misuse
- 'Shame On Us': Aparna Sen Tweets To 'Madam CM' Over Bengal Murders
- Portrait Of A Cyanide Killer: How Kerala's Jolly Killed 6 Of A Family Meal By Meal
- Indian Premier League: Anil Kumble Named Head Coach Of Kings XI Punjab