Why Does Katju Now Think Odias Are A Humourous Lot
Former Supreme Court judge Markandey Katju has found the time to feature in the news a lot lately. After offending all of Bihar, the former judge set his sights on the Odias only to get trolled and backtrack on his remarks.
In a Facebook post on Thursday, Katju said that the Odias had nothing to shout about since King Ashoka defeated the lot of them in the battle of Kalinga. “Now all they have with them are a lot of pots (Patras), big pots (Mahapatras), and supposedly intelligent kings (Patnaiks). And of course, they have Lord Jaggannath, to whom they pray every day for revenge on the abominable Biharis,” said the post.
The BJD’s chief whip in the parliament and MP from Dhenkanal, Odisha, Tathagatha Satpathy was quite miffed with Katju’s sense of humour and sent out a riposte.
Mr Katju, you sound like a smelly 'A__hole'!— Office of T Satpathy (@SatpathyLive) October 14, 2016
PS: All this is a joke. Plllleease do not file charges against me.
Today however Katju is singing a different tune saying that his opinion of the Odias had changed since a recent incident. Apparently, while Mr. and Mrs. Katju were having lunch this afternoon, youths from the Delhi Odia Students association came to meet him.
“I told him (his house-help) to allow the young men to enter, and ask them to be seated in my sitting room till I have finished lunch. The domestic help went out, and within a minute came back with a large beautiful bouquet of flowers, and a note,” said his Facebook post.
With his lunch over, the former judge noticed the bouquet they had left behind with a Munnabhai-style ‘Get well soon Mr. Katju’ message on it.
Here is his Facebook Post:
Just last month he had ‘joked’ about giving away Bihar along with Kashmir to Pakistan. The offer did not quite sit well with Biharis who went after him and Katju said that they lacked “a sense of humour”.
- Lesson From Assembly Elections Results: Ram Temple Can't Be A Substitute For Real Governance
- Alliance With BSP Could Have Fetched Congress 25 More Seats In MP, 9 In Rajasthan
- Who Will Be Next Rajasthan CM? Rahul Gandhi To Decide
- Congress Claims Support Of 121 MLAs To Form Govt In Madhya Pradesh
- MeToo: Former Union Minister M J Akbar Suspended From Editor's Guild
- Why There Is A Problem With Opinion Polls In India
- Introduced And Cancelled: Why India's Semi-High-Speed Trains Struggle To Survive
- When Omar Retweets Mehbooba And Drabu 'Likes' Lone's Tweets
- In Karnataka, Ministry Expansion Is Back To The Front Once Again
- Here's Why PM Modi's G20 Move On Economic Offenders Is Unlikely To Change Anything
- Thugs Of Hindostan: Why is Aamir Khan Sorry? Nobody Is Infallible At The Box Office
- BSP, SP Extend Support To Congress In Madhya Pradesh To Keep BJP Out
- This Seven Year Old Girl Took Her Father To Police Station For Not Building A Toilet
- Who Is Shaktikanta Das, The New RBI Governor Who Replaced Urjit Patel
- Shivraj Singh Chouhan Resigns As MP Chief Minister, Says 'I Am Free Now'
- Hockey World Cup 2018: India Face Dutch Might In Quarter-Finals – Preview
- Day After Election Results, Yogi Attends Lord Ram's Symbolic Wedding In Nepal
- Sonia Gandhi Says Election Results Congress’ Victory Over BJP's Negative Politics
- Watch: Indian Army Soldiers Dance To A Pakistani Singer's Song In Snow