Why Does Katju Now Think Odias Are A Humourous Lot
Former Supreme Court judge Markandey Katju has found the time to feature in the news a lot lately. After offending all of Bihar, the former judge set his sights on the Odias only to get trolled and backtrack on his remarks.
In a Facebook post on Thursday, Katju said that the Odias had nothing to shout about since King Ashoka defeated the lot of them in the battle of Kalinga. “Now all they have with them are a lot of pots (Patras), big pots (Mahapatras), and supposedly intelligent kings (Patnaiks). And of course, they have Lord Jaggannath, to whom they pray every day for revenge on the abominable Biharis,” said the post.
The BJD’s chief whip in the parliament and MP from Dhenkanal, Odisha, Tathagatha Satpathy was quite miffed with Katju’s sense of humour and sent out a riposte.
Mr Katju, you sound like a smelly 'A__hole'!— Office of T Satpathy (@SatpathyLive) October 14, 2016
PS: All this is a joke. Plllleease do not file charges against me.
Today however Katju is singing a different tune saying that his opinion of the Odias had changed since a recent incident. Apparently, while Mr. and Mrs. Katju were having lunch this afternoon, youths from the Delhi Odia Students association came to meet him.
“I told him (his house-help) to allow the young men to enter, and ask them to be seated in my sitting room till I have finished lunch. The domestic help went out, and within a minute came back with a large beautiful bouquet of flowers, and a note,” said his Facebook post.
With his lunch over, the former judge noticed the bouquet they had left behind with a Munnabhai-style ‘Get well soon Mr. Katju’ message on it.
Here is his Facebook Post:
Just last month he had ‘joked’ about giving away Bihar along with Kashmir to Pakistan. The offer did not quite sit well with Biharis who went after him and Katju said that they lacked “a sense of humour”.
- NCP-Congress To Decide On Forming Non-BJP Govt Today
- To Support Shiv Sena Or Not, A Hamletian Dilemma For Congress-NCP In Maharashtra
- Sikhism Teaches Us The Oneness Of God: Amarinder Singh
- Delhi Wakes Up To Toxic Haze, Air Quality Drops To 'Severe' Level Again
- Sikhs Of India - History Proves They Are Distinct And Different From Others
- How T. N. Seshan's Poll Clean-up Operation Actually Helped Lalu Yadav In Bihar
- Domestic Violence Can Be Isolated, Repetitive Or Even Span Generations
- Bollywood’s Double Whammy For Bald People Is Regressive, Not Cool
- When Asked To Bend, We Turned To Kafka, George Orwell
- Rape Survivors Experience Health Problems For Years After Traumatic Episode
- Everything Is ‘Normal’ In The Wonderland That Is Kashmir
- 15 Killed After Two Trains Collide In Bangladesh
- Militant Killed In Encounter In Jammu And Kashmir's Ganderbal
- Devotees Throng Golden Temple On 550th Birth Anniversary Of Guru Nanak
- 'Last Nail In Sena's Coffin' If It Forms Govt With NCP-Cong: Gambhir
- Rafael Nadal Loses ATP Finals Opener To Alexander Zverev
- IOC Rejects Draft Sports Code, India Faces Suspension Ahead Of Olympics
- Tejashwi Criticised By BJP, Trolled On Social Media For B'Day Blast
- 'Our Internal Affair': China Accuses US Of Using UN To 'Meddle' In Tibet