Why Does Katju Now Think Odias Are A Humourous Lot
Former Supreme Court judge Markandey Katju has found the time to feature in the news a lot lately. After offending all of Bihar, the former judge set his sights on the Odias only to get trolled and backtrack on his remarks.
In a Facebook post on Thursday, Katju said that the Odias had nothing to shout about since King Ashoka defeated the lot of them in the battle of Kalinga. “Now all they have with them are a lot of pots (Patras), big pots (Mahapatras), and supposedly intelligent kings (Patnaiks). And of course, they have Lord Jaggannath, to whom they pray every day for revenge on the abominable Biharis,” said the post.
The BJD’s chief whip in the parliament and MP from Dhenkanal, Odisha, Tathagatha Satpathy was quite miffed with Katju’s sense of humour and sent out a riposte.
Mr Katju, you sound like a smelly 'A__hole'!— Office of T Satpathy (@SatpathyLive) October 14, 2016
PS: All this is a joke. Plllleease do not file charges against me.
Today however Katju is singing a different tune saying that his opinion of the Odias had changed since a recent incident. Apparently, while Mr. and Mrs. Katju were having lunch this afternoon, youths from the Delhi Odia Students association came to meet him.
“I told him (his house-help) to allow the young men to enter, and ask them to be seated in my sitting room till I have finished lunch. The domestic help went out, and within a minute came back with a large beautiful bouquet of flowers, and a note,” said his Facebook post.
With his lunch over, the former judge noticed the bouquet they had left behind with a Munnabhai-style ‘Get well soon Mr. Katju’ message on it.
Here is his Facebook Post:
Just last month he had ‘joked’ about giving away Bihar along with Kashmir to Pakistan. The offer did not quite sit well with Biharis who went after him and Katju said that they lacked “a sense of humour”.
- Kerala Floods: No Heavy Rains From Monday, 6.33 Lakh People In Relief Camps, Says NDMA
- INTERVIEW | We’ll Go Back To Barracks Once Things Stabilise: Lt Gen A.K. Bhatt
- Asian Games: India's Apurvi Chandela, Ravi Kumar Win Bronze Medal In 10 Metre Air Rifle Mixed Team Event
- Rape, Drugs, Assault: The Rot In Shelter Homes Goes Far Beyond
- Kerala Floods: Cochin's Naval Base To Be Used For Commercial Flights From Monday
- When Wedding Meant An End To Career For Bollywood Divas
- New Time Table Of Trains: Why Passengers Are Bewildered
- Late India Cricket Captain Ajit Wadekar Had A Good Sense Of Humour Too
- When Ram Madhav Visits Srinagar
- Chief Ministers Who Unfurl National Flag On Independence Day Have One Person To Thank- Karunanidhi
- Somnath Da: The Dark Secret And The Deep Hurt
- Karnataka Floods: CM Kumaraswamy Conducts Second Aerial Survey In Kodagu District
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee's Ashes Immersed In Ganga At Har Ki Pairi
- A Daughter’s Journey To Tell Her Olympic Hockey Gold-Winning Father’s Story
- 'Godmother' Of 113 Criminal Cases In Delhi's Sangam Vihar Arrested
- Asia Games: PM Modi Congratulates Apurvi Chandela, Ravi Kumar For Winning India's First Medal At Asiad
- Analysis | Water On Mars: What Does The Discovery Mean?
- Kerala Floods: Coast Guard Undertakes 'Operation Water Baby'
- Asian Games: Indian Women Crush Japan In Kabaddi For Contingent's First Win