When PIB Tried Its Hands At Photoshop...
The Modi government has always had the reputation of being extremely tech savvy. From using social media to promote their schemes to keeping countrymen and women updated about the hon'ble prime minister's movements, the Modi government has clearly taken governance into the 21st century. No wonder, Zuckerberg loves us so much.
So it shouldn't come as a surprise if the government's media wing can do more than just post information on social media sites. I mean, thoda bohot photoshop everyone knows. Well it seems they do too. Not very well though.
But the thing about the juntaa is that it knows everything.
It so happened that PIB shared a photo of Narendra Modi doing an areial survey of the flood-hit areas in Tamil Nadu, a state that has been suffering heavy and incessant rainfall for a while now and we all know how in such situations, it is imperative for PIB to broadcast photos of some important people on aircrafts looking concerned at the devastation below, you know sends the right message. Unfortunately this time, it appears to have completely backfired.
No sooner had this photo been shared than people started claiming that it was a morphed one. Alas, the PIB wallahs need crash courses in Photoshop if they are to continue with this line of activity, because no matter what one does, one must do it well.
As usual, this caused a major outrage on Twitter and PIB took down the tweet. Always a good move when you don't want people to find out what you just did.
Don't fret if you haven't seen the original. Of course someone took a screenshot.
So PIB has deleted the original tweet, but here it is. Our dear PM surveying a shoddy Photoshop job. pic.twitter.com/Dz9wlmurUE— Bobin James (@Bobin_James) December 3, 2015
Seriously, do folks at @PIB_India think people are so stupid? That wasn't even good photoshop job. And deleting tweets doesn't work either.— Rezaul Hasan Laskar (@Rezhasan) December 3, 2015
Why does PIB tweet photoshopped pics? And why do they photoshop them so bad? https://t.co/zGV97YvlFx— Ankur Bhardwaj (@Bhayankur) December 3, 2015
- 'Party Has Lost Its Way', Says Congress’ Bhupinder Hooda Amid Speculations Of Rebellion
- 'Talks Will Only Be On PoK': Rajnath Singh Launches Fresh Attack On Pakistan
- 18 People Killed, Schools Shut As Rains Continue To Lash Himachal Pradesh
- Pakistan PM Imran Khan ‘Warns’ World Of India’s Nuclear Arsenal
- Kapil Dev & Co Asked Coaches 'How Would You Handle A Virat Kohli Vs Rohit Sharma Rift?'
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- The Little Sleep I Get Is Filled With Nightmares About Home: Kashmiri Living In Delhi On J&K
- Home Minister Amit Shah Blames 'Appeasement' Politics For Triple Talaq
- Cloudburst Wreaks Havoc In Uttrakhand; 8 Missing, Several Injured
- 'Extremely Courageous, Thought Provoking': Congress Leader Shatrughan Sinha Hails PM Modi's I-Day Speech
- 2 Ex-Military Officials, 3 Former IAS Officers Among 6 Challenging Abrogation Of Article 370 In SC
- Ashes, 2nd Test, Day 5: Lord's Thriller Ends In A Draw
- Day After Easing Curbs, Strict Restrictions Reimposed In Srinagar
- MS Dhoni Ends His Two-Week Stint With Territorial Army... What Next?
- Rename JNU After PM Modi, Call It 'MNU', Says BJP MP Hans Raj Hans -- Video