When Mr Gandhi Sent A Message To Ms Gillard?
The Australian prime minister Julia Gillard tripped and fell at Mahatma Gandhi‘s memorial, Rajghat, in Delhi on Wednesday after she had placed a wreath and was walking towards the television and newspaper personnel waiting for her.
Gillard, who has a long history of footwear malfunctions, brushed it all off:
“For men who get to wear flat shoes all day every day, if you wear a heel it can get embedded in soft grass and when you pull your foot out the shoes doesn’t come,” she said.
But not everybody is seeing the incident in such a matter-of-fact way. The protestors at the Koodankulam nuclear plant certainly do not; they see it as some sort of an inter-gallactic message being sent by the Mahatma to Gillard of what lies in store if her country co-operates with the Indian government.
In a press release, the protestors say:
“The People’s Movement Against Nuclear Energy (PMANE) as well as our sympathizers all over India would like to apologize to Julia Gillard, the honorable Prime Minister of Australia, for the dangerous fall she suffered at the Raj Ghat. If we ask the local authorities in Delhi why they had not taken enough precautions to avoid such a dangerous fall and why none of the security officers could prevent an important international leader from falling on her face or for not coming to her rescue on time, we may attract more sedition charges.
“Madam Prime Minister, this whole Raj Ghat episode reflects the authorities’ utter lack of safety precautions and emergency preparedness. And your government is seriously considering selling Uranium to these folks. Maybe, Madam Prime Minister, Mahatma Gandhi, the Father of Our Nation, is trying to say something to you and please listen to him.”
- NCP-Congress To Decide On Forming Non-BJP Govt Today
- To Support Shiv Sena Or Not, A Hamletian Dilemma For Congress-NCP In Maharashtra
- Congress To Hold Further Talks With NCP On Decision To Support Sena
- Economic Slowdown: Steepest Fall In Industrial Production In 8 Years
- JNU Students Stage Massive Protest Over Fee Hike, Police Use Water Cannons On Them
- How T. N. Seshan's Poll Clean-up Operation Actually Helped Lalu Yadav In Bihar
- Domestic Violence Can Be Isolated, Repetitive Or Even Span Generations
- Bollywood’s Double Whammy For Bald People Is Regressive, Not Cool
- When Asked To Bend, We Turned To Kafka, George Orwell
- Rape Survivors Experience Health Problems For Years After Traumatic Episode
- Everything Is ‘Normal’ In The Wonderland That Is Kashmir
- Lata Mangeshkar Admitted To Hospital, Family Says She Is Recovering
- 'Last Nail In Sena's Coffin' If It Forms Govt With NCP-Cong: Gautam Gambhir
- Tejashwi Yadav Criticised By BJP, Trolled On Social Media For B'Day Blast
- LeT Commander Among Two Militants Killed In Kashmir's Bandipora
- 'Our Internal Affair': China Accuses US Of Using UN To 'Meddle' In Tibet
- Govt Starts Process Of Constituting Ayodhya Ram Temple Trust After SC Verdict
- IOC Rejects Draft Sports Code, India Faces Suspension Ahead Of Olympics
- CSK Has Been A Big Part Of My Cricket Education, Says Deepak Chahar