What Twitter Had to Say About Amma, Didi And Rahul
It's been a thrilling day as four states and a union territory gave their verdict on the tussle that saw major national parties and power regional ones vie with each other.
While the Bharatiya Janata Party routed the Congress -- which had hoped to elected for thr fourth time in a row -- from Assam, the Left front in Kerala ousted Congress-led UDF in what began as a tough neck-to-neck contest.
Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi conceded defeat with much grace and humility but Twitter wasn't going to let it go, was it?
People became intolerant towards the intolerance of Congress party. They have rejected opportunistic alliance...— M Venkaiah Naidu (@MVenkaiahNaidu) May 19, 2016
If Congress has any sense left, it'd replace Family with merit. NOW. In short term, it can't get much worse. Long run it'd gain. #Verdict16— Abhijit Majumder (@abhijitmajumder) May 19, 2016
This is just a repeat of 2014 defeat that Congress got. Deserving because they refused to learn lessons— Joy (@Joydas) May 19, 2016
Right now Congress Leaders fighting to be declared 'responsible for the humiliating defeat'— Joy (@Joydas) May 19, 2016
And now Congress will turn its attention to the over-hyped Prashant Kishore and expect him to do the unexpected. Another blunder in making— Rana Ayyub (@RanaAyyub) May 19, 2016
Congress REGRESS— Shankkar Aiyar (@ShankkarAiyar) May 19, 2016
Out of Assam
Self Goal Bomb in WB
Vanishing in TN
T 20 In Puduchery#ABPResults
Congress wiped out everywhere- loses two more states. At this point, though, ahead of the Left in West Bengal!— Vikram Chandra (@vikramchandra) May 19, 2016
Thanks to Rahulji, Congress on its way to notch up a fantastic win in Puducherry. Shows he's challenging PM Modi strongly & has come of age.— Aashish (@c_aashish) May 19, 2016
If trends persist, the big election story is Congress's poor performance. Whether in alliance (WB, DMK) or solo (AS), it's coming a cropper.— Siddharth (@svaradarajan) May 19, 2016
And if you have to really blame an insider within the Congress, then blame Sanjay JHA. Every time he opens his mouth they lose a state!
If Kerala and Assam decided to change their respective governments, both Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee and AIADMK supremo Jayalalithaa retained their hold on their bastions of West Bengal and Tamil Nadu. Girl power much?
TMC slogan-Didi eta korle ki, cpm ei-bar khabe ki! (Didi, what have you done? Left nothing for cpm to eat). Translation kills it :(— sunetra choudhury (@sunetrac) May 19, 2016
Didi just redefined being a Dada in West Bengal— sonia singh (@soniandtv) May 19, 2016
BJP needs to invest in Roopa Ganguly. She can be Didi. In 30 years.— greatbong (@greatbong) May 19, 2016
Didi wins, Amma wins. Blow to patriarchy. But why should women be just Didis and Ammas? That's patriarchy. #AdarshLiberalDiary— Rahul Roushan (@rahulroushan) May 19, 2016
Didi stands in front of Alimuddin Street pic.twitter.com/s8cFcHOQT5— greatbong (@greatbong) May 19, 2016
Two victors- Didi. Amma. Formidable women. Fought alone. Social schemes delivered. Corruption charge, flyover collapse- none of it mattered— barkha dutt (@BDUTT) May 19, 2016
Didi has gone Virat Kohli on the opposition. Numbers now show absolute decimation of CPM & Congress— greatbong (@greatbong) May 19, 2016
Didi ki tsunami of votes in West Bengal. Congratulations! The best 'man' has won!!!!— Shobhaa De (@DeShobhaa) May 17, 2016
A whole laddoo was stuffed into my mouth outside Amma's house. pic.twitter.com/B2TtSvqqTF— Rohini Mohan (@rohini_mohan) May 19, 2016
- Karnataka Crisis: Governor Presses CM Kumaraswamy To Prove Majority By 1:30 PM
- World Bank 'Drops' Naidu's Ambitious Amaravati Project; Pulls Out $300 Mn
- Karnataka BJP Lawmakers Sleep In Assembly To Stage Protest Against Delay In Floor Test
- Pakistan To Grant Consular Access To Kulbushan Jadhav According To Their Laws: MEA
- Foundation Laid By Previous Govts Will Make India A USD 5 Trillion Economy: Pranab Mukherjee
- In Choosing New President, Congress Has Opportunity To Change Two Crucial Things About Party Politics
- Kashmir Press Club Polls: For Dignity Of 'Unbuttoned Shirts' And Space to Exchange Ideas
- Kangana Ranaut Needs To Learn From Big B, Salman Khan On Spat With Media
- India Lacks Innovation. If You Don't Believe It, Just Look At Who Dominates Our Smartphone Market
- Cricket Intolerance Is The New Alarming Phenomenon In India
- Let Not 'Jai Shri Ram' Be Misused As 'Allahu Akbar'
- Analysis| Is Hafiz Saeed's Arrest By Pakistan Mere Cosmetic Move Or There Is More To It?
- Yogi Govt Declares Azam Khan 'Land Mafia' On Portal
- ICC Suspends Zimbabwe From International Cricket
- Khalistan Agenda, Burning Of Tricolour During Sikh Pilgrimage: India Warns Pakistan
- Cops Didn't Allow Me To Take Father's Body To Srinagar Due To Amarnath Traffic: Kashmiri Govt Official
- Lust, Money & Masala Dosa - When The Stars Didn't Bless Saravana Bhavan Boss P Rajagopal
- Tendulkar, Donald, Fitzpatrick Inducted Into ICC Hall of Fame
- SunRisers Hyderabad Rope In England's World Cup-Winning Coach Trevor Bayliss