What Aditya Thackeray Should Read
Jyoti Punwani has some suggestions in the DNA:
The entire episode concerning the withdrawal of Rohinton Mistry’s Such a Long Journey is rich in irony. The man who has made abuse his personal style statement, objects to bad language in a literary work prescribed as a text for 18-year-olds! Even as he railed against the “dirty words’’ in the book, Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray dug into his own repertoire of invective to describe his political rivals. The words used include “eunuch’’ and “impotent’’, along with trademark references to lungis falling, and finally, his special word of abuse for Muslims, landya (circumcised), the use of which, according to Sena mouthpiece Saamna, brought the house down every time.
Read the full piece at the DNA
- Right or Wrong, It’s Only Narendra Modi Who Matters
- ‘Nothing Seems To Have Worked’: Rout For Congress As Saffron Wave Sweeps Country
- NDA’s TsuNamo Leaves Mahagathbandhan In Ruins In UP, Bihar
- 'All Losers Are Not Losers': Mamata Banerjee After BJP's Big Gains In West Bengal
- Jagan Mohan Reddy Set To Be New Andhra CM As YSRCP Set For Landslide Win
- My Vote Is For the Well-Being Of My Fellow Indians
- The Statue Went Bust
- Mayawati, Honourable Prime Minister. Why The Heartburn?
- Can India's Character As A Secular Republic Be Sustained?
- Yogi Deveshwar: Corporate Honcho Whose Touch Gave Wings to Air India, High Flight To ITC
- How WhatsApp Saved The Day For A Cyclone Fani-Hit Journo In Odisha
- In The Middle Of Saffron Storm, Punjab Stands Firm With Congress
- Smiling Heeraben Greets Supporters As Son Narendra Modi Set For Second Term
- Sushma Swaraj Congratulates PM Modi For 'Big Victory'
- At BJP's Parliamentary Board Meeting, PM Modi Likely To Make Speech Tomorrow
- It's Victory Of Nationalism, Says J&K's BJP
- Laddoo-Cakes, Lotus-Shaped Pista Barfis Ordered To Celebrate BJP's Win
- India, Pakistan Fans Fight Over ICC Poll Asking Kohli & Co's WC Chances
- WATCH: Russell Sends Khawaja To Hospital With Nasty Blow To Head