Website Policy On Comments
We at outlookindia.com welcome your feedback to the articles, stories and blogs featured by us.
But please note the following:
1. Please keep your comments/feedback limited to the subject matter of the article you are responding to. Please note that our comments section is not a general free-for-all. It is for feedback to articles/blogs posted on the site. Please try and keep your comments concise and clear. Short messages tend to get noticed and also have a high probability of getting published in our respective print magazines.
2. Please do not spam us. Please do not post the same message again and again. Even in different threads. Please DO NOT type in ALL CAPS. Please do not use the bold and italics function indiscriminately. All such messages are liable to be deleted at the full discretion of our moderators.
3. Scathing, passionate, even angry, critique is welcome; abuse and invective is not. We request civility and urge our readers to try and express their disagreements, if any, without being disagreeable. There is just no space for personal attacks. No ad hominem please.
4. If any of the above three conditions are violated, we reserve the right to delete any comment that we deem objectionable and/or also to withdraw posting privileges from the abuser(s).
Please note that it may not be possible for our moderators to sift through your messages and if they find more than one instance of abuse, they may decide to delete all your messages ever posted by you rather than spend time trying to locate all the abusive ones. Therefore, if you want us to take you seriously and for your messages to be retained on the site, please ensure that you do not cross the civil lines of propriety.
Please note that hate-speech is punishable by law and in extreme circumstances, we may be forced to take legal action by tracing the IP addresses of the poster.
Our endeavour is to keep these forums un-moderated and unexpurgated. Please help us help you.
5. If someone is being abusive or personal, or generally being a troll or a flame-baiter, please do not stoop to their level. The best response to such posters is to ignore them and send us a message with links to the offending mails at the following email address: Mail AT outlookindia DOT com. Please put "COMPLAINT" in the subject-header of your mail.
6. Please do not copy and paste copyrighted material. If you think that an article on another site has relevance to the point you wish to make, please only quote what is considered "fair-use" and provide a link to the article under question.
7. There is no particular Outlookindia.com line on any subject. The views expressed in our opinion section and in the blogs are those of the author concerned and do not necessarily reflect the views of Outlookindia.com
8. Please also note that the sole responsibility for the comments posted on the site is that of the relevant registered user posting the comment. The comments could be deleted or edited entirely at our discretion if we find them objectionable. However, the mere fact of a comment's existence on our site does not mean that we necessarily approve of its contents. Outlookindia.com however, retains the right to publish any of these comments, with or without editing, in any medium whatsoever.
9.Outlookindia.com is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for how any search engine -- such as Google, Bing etc -- caches or displays the comments posted by you. Please note that you are solely responsible for posting these comments and it is a privilege being granted to our registered users which can be withdrawn in case of abuse. To reiterate:
- Comments once posted can only be deleted at the discretion of outlookindia.com
- The comments reflect the views of the authors and not of outlookindia.com
- Outlookindia.com is not responsible in any manner whatsoever for the way search engines cache or display these comments
- Please therefore take due caution before you post any comments as your words could potentially show up on search engines such as Google, Bing etc.
10. You are welcome to post your suggestions here or in case you have a specific issue, to directly email us at Mail AT outlookindia DOT com with the subject header COMPLAINT.
We look forward to your feedback.
- India's Chanakyas | Chandra'babu' Naidu Shunning Bureaucrats In New Gameplan Ahead Of Elections
- In Patna Sahib, It Could Be Shatrughan Sinha Vs Ravi Shankar Prasad
- Stop Writing Love Letters To Pakistan: Congress Takes A Jibe At PM Modi
- 'Go To Pakistan': Goons Assault Muslim Family For Playing Cricket On Holi
- Recruits From Other Parties Get Pride Of Place In BJP List Of Candidates For Odisha
- The Deteriorating State Of Modern Music
- Tarun Gogoi Ko Gussa Kyon Aata Hain
- Kohli Is Already An Era-Defining Genius, Don't Read Further
- With Teni Da's Demise, Comes An End Of An Era In Bengali Films
- New Zealand Massacre: Colonisation, Immigration, And White Man's Victimhood
- Solskjaer’s Magical Case For Manchester United Exceptionalism
- Lok Sabha Polls: NDA Releases List Of Candidates For 39 Out Of 40 Seats In Bihar
- Jet Airways Suspends Services Of 13 International Routes Till End-April
- Justice Ghose Takes Oath As First Lokpal Chief
- 111 Tamil Nadu Farmers To Contest Against PM Modi In Varanasi: P Ayyakannu
- Mizoram Chief Electoral Officer Issues Notice To PRISM Leaders On Secession
- As India Boycotts Pak Day Celebration, China Helps Pakistan Avoid Embarrassment
- Bio-Fortification of Rice, Wheat, Oil, Will Help Take Forward Poshan Abhiyaan, Say Experts
- IPL 2019 Curtain Raiser: Amid World Cup Disquiet, Cricket Gets Ready For Annual Carnival