'We Are Indians, Not South Indians'
First came Aakar Patel's column in the Mint: Why is it better to live in the south, which, was followed by the introduction: "The south’s urban culture is more intellectual and much more tolerant."
Your article was a serious stereotype of both South Indians and North Indians, generously free of facts, and patronizing. It was also clichéd like the masala dosa in a Udupi restaurant...
I understand that you have friendly feelings towards my tribe and you would expect me to ha-ha your story and ho-ho it because it should please me to be praised.
It didn’t. Your article was a serious stereotype of both South Indians and North Indians, generously free of facts, and patronizing. It was also clichéd like the masala dosa in a Udupi restaurant.
Read the full blogpost
- Oppn Parties To Meet Election Commission Today Over VVPAT Verification
- Sensex Jumps Over 200 Points To Hit All-time High In Early Trade
- Cannot Criticise Election Commission, LS Polls Conducted 'Perfectly': Pranab Mukherjee
- 21 Oppn Parties To Discuss Possibilities Of Non-NDA Alliance In Delhi Today
- After Exit Polls Prediction, NDA Leaders To Meet Amit Shah, PM Modi Over Dinner Today
- My Vote Is For the Well-Being Of My Fellow Indians
- The Statue Went Bust
- Mayawati, Honourable Prime Minister. Why The Heartburn?
- Can India's Character As A Secular Republic Be Sustained?
- Yogi Deveshwar: Corporate Honcho Whose Touch Gave Wings to Air India, High Flight To ITC
- How WhatsApp Saved The Day For A Cyclone Fani-Hit Journo In Odisha
- Modi Ji Wants To Get Me Killed: Arvind Kejriwal
- BJP Wants Kamal Nath Govt To Prove Majority, Writes To Governor
- Buoyed By Exit Polls, BJP Workers Gear Up For Celebrations On May 23
- Exit Polls Not Final Results, But Indicate BJP Will Come To Power: Nitin Gadkari
- Vivek Oberoi's Exit Poll Meme Involves Aishwarya, Salman And Abhishek; Sparks Row
- Will Observe Maun Vrat To Atone For Hurtful Remarks, Says Pragya Singh Thakur
- Though Exit Polls Are Favourable, DMK's Stalin Says Will Wait For May 23
- Delhi Lok Sabha Poll Results May Get Delayed By 5-6 Hours: CEO