Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
At the WTA finals in Singapore yesterday, Russian tennis player Svetlana Kuznetsova was trailing Agnieszka Radwańska and basically having a bad time. Her solution: snip off a bit of hair.
Kuznetsova was trailing the defending champion 1-2 in the third set of the game and apparently decided that the hair getting into her eyes was a problem and did something about it. She requested the chair umpire for a break and promptly cut off half of her ponytail.
The chopping off seemed to work for the Russian, who saved a match point in the final set before finally beating Radwańska 7-5, 1-6, 7-5.
The player is said to have been inundated with questions about the incident and Kuznetsova responded by saying that the plait would get into her eye everytime she hit a good shot.
“I thought, ‘OK, what’s more important now, my hair which I can let grow, or the match?’ I thought, ‘OK, I got to go for it right now’, and that’s it. I was not thinking too much, though,” she was quoted as saying. The Russian said that she didn’t even know how much she had snipped off.
The WTA also put out a video of the incident.
After the game, she took to Instagram to say: “Sometimes you gotta do it not by best hairdressers and not at best time.”
- #MeToo | Where’s The Line To Be Drawn When Everyone Has A Different Line?
- One Shot, One Location, One Actor: Bimba Redefines Fast Track Film-Making
- Former BSP MP's Son Brandishes Gun Outside 5-Star Hotel In Delhi, Video Goes Viral
- Chetan Bhagat Hits Back At Ira Trivedi, Says Don't Harm #MeToo With False Charges
- 'AAP Is Kangaal': Kejriwal Launches Nationwide Fund Collection Drive Ahead Of 2019 Polls
- M J Akbar Should Be Fired Rather Than Being Allowed To Resign
- Why Kishore Kumar Declined A Cover Version Of His Idol KL Saigal's Songs
- Health Hazards Caused By Contaminated Water Supply In Indian Railways
- BJP Is Unlikely To Flaunt Its Economic Record In 2019 Election Campaign
- Stinking Toilets In Trains: Blame It On Passengers
- 'Dawshobhuja A Durgachitra' On This Durga Puja
- Bryan Adams Shares Photo Of Delhi Smog From Concert Venue, Says ‘You Can See My Shadow’
- 'Ready To Fight': Priya Ramani Responds To M J Akbar's Defamation Suit Against Her
- Telecom Companies Seeks More Time From UIDAI To Submit Aadhaar eKYC 'Exit Plan'
- Congress Lashes Out At PM Modi For Resorting To Poll Gimmicks Over Fuel Prices
- Amid Fuel Price Hike, PM Modi Appeals For Partnership With Oil Producers
- Bihar Government Declares 206 Blocks Of 23 Districts As Drought-Hit
- West Bengal Govt Launches 'Khadya Sathi', Extends Food Security To 8.5 Crore People: Mamata Banerjee
- RBI Approves Sandeep Bakhshi's Appointment As ICICI Bank MD, CEO