Watch: Svetlana Kuznetsova Snips Her Hair And Bosses The Match
At the WTA finals in Singapore yesterday, Russian tennis player Svetlana Kuznetsova was trailing Agnieszka Radwańska and basically having a bad time. Her solution: snip off a bit of hair.
Kuznetsova was trailing the defending champion 1-2 in the third set of the game and apparently decided that the hair getting into her eyes was a problem and did something about it. She requested the chair umpire for a break and promptly cut off half of her ponytail.
The chopping off seemed to work for the Russian, who saved a match point in the final set before finally beating Radwańska 7-5, 1-6, 7-5.
The player is said to have been inundated with questions about the incident and Kuznetsova responded by saying that the plait would get into her eye everytime she hit a good shot.
“I thought, ‘OK, what’s more important now, my hair which I can let grow, or the match?’ I thought, ‘OK, I got to go for it right now’, and that’s it. I was not thinking too much, though,” she was quoted as saying. The Russian said that she didn’t even know how much she had snipped off.
The WTA also put out a video of the incident.
After the game, she took to Instagram to say: “Sometimes you gotta do it not by best hairdressers and not at best time.”
- Sensex Slumps 670 Points, Nifty Falls Below 10,850 As Oil Prices Shoot Up
- On His 69th Birthday, PM Modi Says Article 370 Abrogation Was Sardar Patel's Vision
- 'Betrayal,' Says Mayawati After 6 BSP MLAs Jump Ship To Join Congress In Rajasthan
- New Foreign Funding Rule: Now NGO Staff Have To Declare No Role In Religious Conversion
- Balraj Sahni’s Political Ideology Had An Impact On His Career, Says Son Parikshat
- From Cambodian Polls To Broken Heart Syndrome, Valley Newspapers Carry Everything But Kashmir
- The World Is Watching India. It Won't Let Us Get Away On Kashmir, NRC For Too Long
- BLOG | Rumours Have Stronger Legs Than Denials In Kashmir Valley
- New Job For Justice Gaur: Even Arun Jaitley Felt It Was Wrong To Reward Retiring Judges
- Strong And Decisive Leadership May Not Help Always. It Can Cause More Damage Than Good
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- On His 69th Birthday, PM Modi Meets His Mother In Gandhinagar
- PM Modi Didn’t Ask For Zakir Naik’s Extradition, Claims Malaysian PM Mahathir Mohamad
- Seat-Sharing Row: BJP Unwilling To Follow 50:50 Formula With Ally Shiv Sena In Maharashtra
- 'Social Fabric Being Attacked': Cong Slams BJP Govt After Dalit Youth Burnt Alive In UP
- India Women Team Cricketer Approached To Fix Matches: Report
- Ranu Mondol Must Heed Lata Mangeshkar’s Advice If She Wants Enduring Success
- Chandrababu Naidu Demands CBI Probe Into Death Of Ex-AP Speaker Who Allegedly Committed Suicide
- World Championships: Dipa Karmakar's Tokyo Olympics Dreams Fade