Video: The Unspoken Referendum Of Kashmiris
Nine-yr-old Hazeela was playing in a children's park when the pellet, fired by the security forces, hit her in the left eye partially blinding her; 300 pellets were found in Riyaaz's body who succumbed to the injuries just for day before his brothers wedding.
"For us, college can wait but not the death. So India, while Sindhu got a silver for you, here (in Kashmir) is a gold for you," says Hishma Nazir in a video directed by Sanjeev Sikri that is going viral on the internet.
Nazir, in the video, invokes the brutality of armed forces in the Kashmir valley and the several human rights cases that often go unnoticed in the mainstream Indian media. She talks about Kunan Poshpora case which is still unheard by and forgotten by candle-light marches and asserts that "while Damini is, Asiya is no India's Daughter".
"Kashmir is yours and Kashmiris not? The seven lakh troops that you need to keep the 'integral part' and that, Dear India, is the unspoken referendum of Kashmiris," she says.
In the aftermath of killing of Hizbul Mujahideen commander Burhan Wani in an encounter in South Kashmir on July 8, the Kashmir Valley has been reeling under immense tension. In a state of complete political logjam, curfew in the valley has now entered its second month. The violent clashes have left 72 people dead and several thousand injured.
"72 killed, 6000 injured and 100s blinded and when shall we hear from you?"
Watch the full video here:
- Amit Shah Reiterates 'NRC Across India'; Mamata Says Won't Allow In Bengal
- 'Will Provide Stable Maha Govt': Cong Leader After Meeting With NCP; Alliance With Sena Likely
- Situation Normal In J&K, Internet Curbs To Be Lifted At Appropriate Time: Amit Shah
- JNU Needs World-Class Leadership, Not Ideological Mediocrity
- SEBI Tightens Disclosure Norms On Loan Default, Doubles Minimum PMS Investment Size
- Given Opportunity, BSNL Can Emerge As Top Telecom Company From Turmoil
- One Hundred Days Of Solitude In Kashmir’s News World
- How T. N. Seshan's Poll Clean-up Operation Actually Helped Lalu Yadav In Bihar
- Domestic Violence Can Be Isolated, Repetitive Or Even Span Generations
- Bollywood’s Double Whammy For Bald People Is Regressive, Not Cool
- When Asked To Bend, We Turned To Kafka, George Orwell
- Delhi Air Quality Dips To 'Very Poor', Likely To Plummet To 'Severe' Levels
- Amid Growing Maharashtra Mystery, Sharad Pawar Meets PM Modi
- Why Can't Muslims Teach Sanskrit? Paresh Rawal Invokes Md Rafi
- European MPs Came On 'Private Visit', Got Sense Of Terrorist Threat To J&K: MHA
- India v WI: Rohit's Workload To Be Discussed, Dhawan May Be On Trial
- Another Well-Deserved Accolade For Kohli, This Time Off The Field
- Students Adamant On Full Rollback Of Fee Hike, Ministry Team To Visit Campus
- BJP Leader Thrown Out Of Asia Pacific Summit For Disrupting Speech On J&K