Video: The Goal The World Is Talking About
It is the goal that has grabbed global headlines. Leicester City's Jamie Vardy has hit the purple patch this football season but this goal is the cherry on a very well constructed cake. Depending on whose reaction you consider, it's either the goal of the decade, year, or month.
Here's what happened. As a long ball dropped in ahead of him from behind his shoulder, Vardy probably had one thing on his mind: Shoot! One bounce later it probably had a bit of Vardy's leather still on it. What a shot it was, a twenty-five yard rasping dropper that beat the otherwise efficient Simon Mignolet in the Liverpool goal.
The reactions were effusive. His manager Claudio Ranieri said it was "unbelievable what Vardy did". Adrian Butchart, the man directing a movie on the Leicester striker, was in the stands and he would want to recreate that bit of magic on the field on the silver screen, it was just that good.
Liverpool's generally emotional manager Jurgen Klopp was pretty impressed yet not so much too. "It's nice to be in a stadium where Jamie Vardy scored goal of the month but in an ideal world not when you're manager of the other team," Klopp said.
And social media went into its usual 'Oh my God' season.
Watch this amazing goal. Here's the video:
- Scramble To Buy Land In J&K, Ladakh Mount; Fear Of 'Outsiders' Makes Locals Wary
- 'War Cry' Against Other Mother Tongues: Kerala CM Vijayan On Amit Shah's Hindi Push
- Pakistan Could Lose In A Conventional War With India, But...: Imran Khan
- On Economy, Ex-FM Yashwant Sinha Says 'Those In Power Making Weird Statements'
- An EU-Like Arrangement With SAARC Nations Could Reinvigorate India's Economic Prospects
- From Cambodian Polls To Broken Heart Syndrome, Valley Newspapers Carry Everything But Kashmir
- The World Is Watching India. It Won't Let Us Get Away On Kashmir, NRC For Too Long
- BLOG | Rumours Have Stronger Legs Than Denials In Kashmir Valley
- New Job For Justice Gaur: Even Arun Jaitley Felt It Was Wrong To Reward Retiring Judges
- Strong And Decisive Leadership May Not Help Always. It Can Cause More Damage Than Good
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Half Of Saudi Oil Production Interrupted After Drone Attack On Aramco Oil Facilities
- Nirmala Sitharaman’s Incentives Are Likely To Have Marginal Impact On Exports Or Housing
- Osama Bin Laden's Son Hamza Bin Laden Is Dead, Confirms Donald Trump
- Watch: When Congress' Gaurav Vallabh Asked Sambit Patra To Tell No Of Zeroes In A Trillion
- India In State Of 'Super Emergency': Mamata Banerjee's Fresh Salvo On Modi Govt
- BHU Students Protest Reinstatement Of Professor Accused Of Body-Shaming Girls
- Ashes: AUS Captain Paine 'Having A Mare' With Referrals In ENG Series
- Kohli Clears The Air On His Controversial Dhoni Tweet