Video: At The Receiving End Of Police Brutality
On Saturday, Jan 30, the police brutality in the capital touched the lowest ebb. In a 30-second video- that has gone viral on the social media- Delhi Police personnel were seen brutaly thrashing the protesters and dragging female activists by their hair outside the RSS headquarter near Jhandewalan. The students were there demonstrating peacefully against dalit student Rohith Vemula's suicide on his birth anniversary.
Two journalists, Catch News' Vikas Kumar and an independent photo journalist Rahul, were allegedly beaten up for shooting the lathicharge- their camera thrashed. They claimed the police action was 'unprovoked' and that the protesters were beaten up mercilessly.
Wath the video here:
The video triggered sharp reactions on social media. The Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal alleged the police force was being used as RSS and BJP's 'private army' under a political dispensation that is at 'war' with students across the country.
Rahul and Kumar too rected on facebook.
- Maharashtra, Haryana Polls: Sonia Wants Congress To Target State CMs, No Personal Attack On Modi
- Environment vs Development: Sena Wants 50% Seats But Deep-Rooted BJP Unlikely To Budge In Maharashtra
- 'Ab Ki Baar 75 Paar' -- Manoharlal Khattar's Big BJP Dream In Haryana
- How IIT, Development Dream Of Dispossessed, Turned Into A Nightmare
- Boxing Worlds: Panghal Goes Down Fighting In Final; India Achieve Best-Ever Medal Haul
- Jadavpur Fracas Godsend For BJP, It Is Set To Crack Open Left's Citadel
- Aurat ka Dal, and 99 Other Reasons Why Not to Impose Hindi
- From Cambodian Polls To Broken Heart Syndrome, Valley Newspapers Carry Everything But Kashmir
- The World Is Watching India. It Won't Let Us Get Away On Kashmir, NRC For Too Long
- BLOG | Rumours Have Stronger Legs Than Denials In Kashmir Valley
- New Job For Justice Gaur: Even Arun Jaitley Felt It Was Wrong To Reward Retiring Judges
- 'Don't Worry, Won't Harm Your Son', Babul Supriyo To Mother Of Student Who Pulled His Hair
- Ranveer Singh, Alia Bhatt Starrer 'Gully Boy' Is India's Official Entry To Oscars
- Conflict Of Interest Impairs Tie-Ups Between Food Industry And Its Regulator
- In Horrifying Video, Former Madras HC Judge, Son Torture Daughter-In-Law
- Houston Gears Up To Welcome PM Modi For 'Howdy Modi'
- Voting For Maharashtra, Haryana Assembly Polls On October 21
- Wrestling Worlds 2019: Deepak Punia Becomes 1st Indian To Enter Final
- LIVE: 6th T20I - AFG Set A 139-Run Target For BAN