Vial Full Of Bunkum
Truth is bitter and reality is a bitter pill to swallow, going by which one can say that anything that puts an end to delusions or puts something straight is never quite pleasant.
Funnily, medicines too have a reputation of being bitter and this time, we aren't just talking figuratively. It is but natural that one may therefore feel drawn to medicines that are nothing but little sugary pills, the one that your homeopath gives you, because who doesn't like sweets? But you can't simply be sweet with the bad guys, can you?
Homeopaths believe that illness-causing substances can, in minute doses, treat people who are unwell.
By diluting these substances in water or alcohol, homeopaths claim the resulting mixture retains a "memory" of the original substance that triggers a healing response in the body.
Many studies have been conducted on these claims so far.
But the National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) has for the first time thoroughly reviewed 225 research papers on homeopathy to come up with its position statement:
Based on the assessment of the evidence of effectiveness of homeopathy, NHMRC concludes that there are no health conditions for which there is reliable evidence that homeopathy is effective. People who choose homeopathy may put their health at risk if they reject or delay treatments for which there is good evidence for safety and effectiveness.
An independent company also reviewed the studies and appraised the evidence to prevent bias.
NHMRC CEO Warwick Anderson said:
All medical treatments and interventions should be underpinned by reliable evidence. NHMRC's review shows that there is no good quality evidence to support the claim that homeopathy works better than a placebo.
Full text of NHMRC's statement:
- Army Officer, 2 Jaish Militants Among Seven Killed In Pulwama Encounter
- Mastermind Of Pulwama Terror Attack Killed In J&K Encounter: Report
- BLOG | Jaish Attack In Pulwama: Indian Intelligence Suffers Due To Communal Rifts
- NSA For Cattle Smuggling, Sedition For Dancing: How Laws Are Being Abused by Govts
- 9 Killed, 11 Injured In Suicide Attack On Pakistan Army Convoy In Balochistan: Report
- Jaish Attack In Pulwama: Indian Intelligence Suffers Due To Communal Rifts
- China’s Growing Influence In Nepal Vs India’s Soft Power
- Will 'Operation Lotus' Boomerang On BJP In Karnataka?
- Faulted By Design: Cow Slaughter In India And Bank Interest In Pakistan
- A Race To Grab Spotlight This Election Season
- Zero's Failure Should Not Dissuade Shahrukh Khan From Trying New Roles
- BJP Leader Arrested For Daughter's Kidnapping In West Bengal
- 'Greatest Player' Chris Gayle To Retire From ODIs After 2019 Cricket World Cup
- Vedanta Sterlite Plant In Tamil Nadu To Remain Shut: Supreme Court
- WATCH: Tipu Sultan's Unexploded 18th Century Rockets Discovered In Karnataka
- Mamata Has Broken Political Ethics, Running West Bengal Govt Like Private Company: Raman Singh
- Will Not Rest Till Murderers Of Youth Congress Workers Are Brought To Justice In Kerala: Rahul Gandhi
- West Bengal Govt Comes To Kashmiri Doctor's Rescue Who Was Allegedly Asked To Leave City
- 'False News,' Says K J Alphons After Getting Trolled For 'Selfie' With Soldier's Coffin