Uber: 'We Will Come Back Better And Stronger'
MOVING TO A SAFER DELHI, TOGETHER
Hey [Name Redacted]
We are sorry and deeply saddened by what happened over the weekend in New Delhi. Our hearts go out to the victim of this horrible crime. We have been and will continue to do everything in our power to assist the authorities to help bring the perpetrator to justice.
The events of this week have made us reflect on our operations in India and we are immediately undertaking a number of important actions. During this review, we will suspend operations in New Delhi.
First, let us acknowledge that we must do better; and we are conducting a full audit of our verification, rider feedback and support processes. We are implementing measures to ensure that critical rider feedback is escalated immediately and immediate action is taken in every instance. We are also re-reviewing rider feedback on every driver partner across India to make sure nothing has been missed.
Second, we are assessing all driver screening processes. We are evaluating additional screening options to include background checks on all our driver partners in India above and beyond what is currently required.
Third, we will also bring in our global best practices where it would enhance our India safety efforts.
Fourth, we will also partner closely with organisations that are championing women’s safety here in New Delhi and around the country.
Safety is our top priority. We are fully committed to partnering with and are in discussions with the government, other transportation organisations and safety experts in India to implement robust solutions to ensure a safe ride.
Our efforts will not end there. Uber stands shoulder to shoulder with the cities we serve, and are investing in technology advances to help make cities a safer place.
Your support means a lot to us. We will come back better and stronger for the New Delhi community, ready to serve you again.
What happens to my Paytm wallet balance in the meanwhile?
Our partnership with Paytm, one of India’s leading payment solutions means that you can use your balance across the various merchants they support. If you still wish to have your balance refunded, you may reach out to them on email@example.com to have your balance credited to your bank account/debit/credit card.
- NRC To Cover People From All Religions Across India, No One Needs To Be Worried: Amit Shah
- Situation Normal In J&K, Internet Curbs To Be Lifted At Appropriate Time: Amit Shah
- Amid Growing Maharashtra Mystery, Sharad Pawar Meets PM Modi To Discuss Farmers' Distress
- Sensex Rallies Over 300 Points To Hit Record Peak; RIL Jumps 4%
- JNU Needs World-Class Leadership, Not Ideological Mediocrity
- Given Opportunity, BSNL Can Emerge As Top Telecom Company From Turmoil
- One Hundred Days Of Solitude In Kashmir’s News World
- How T. N. Seshan's Poll Clean-up Operation Actually Helped Lalu Yadav In Bihar
- Domestic Violence Can Be Isolated, Repetitive Or Even Span Generations
- Bollywood’s Double Whammy For Bald People Is Regressive, Not Cool
- When Asked To Bend, We Turned To Kafka, George Orwell
- Why Can't Muslim Man Teach Sanskrit? Paresh Rawal Invokes Md Rafi, Naushad Ali
- Protest Against Muslim Man As Sanskrit Professor In BHU Continues
- Maharashtra Will Have Sena-Led Govt By December: Sanjay Raut
- BJP Leader Thrown Out Of Asia Pacific Summit For Disrupting Speech On J&K
- JNU Agitation: Students, Teachers Demand Resignation Of Vice-Chancellor
- Sunni Waqf Board Distances Itself From AIMPLB On Review Of Ayodhya Verdict
- Mourinho Appointed Tottenham Manager After Pochettino Sacked
- Opposing Prez Rajat Sharma, Nine DDCA Directors Exhibit Their Majority