'Those In The Judiciary And Other Constitutional Institutions...'
Apart from some common-sensical, clear-headed advice, the prime minister's former media advisor throws in some rather astonishing insinuations for good measure in his column for the Hindu:
In this moment of “crisis,” it should be sobering to remember that during the last Lok Sabha election the Congress had crossed the magic figure of 200 seats, a feat that had eluded any political party since 1991. Yet the historic advantage was squandered away in internal confusion and distractions, producing a massive disjointedness in the government’s functioning and policies, which in turn invited trouble and challenge from different quarters and institutions. Those in the judiciary and other constitutional institutions smelled the spilt blood within the UPA and felt doubly empowered to muddy the political waters. The result was the so-called policy paralysis. The country’s best interests demanded that decision-making break out of this paralysis; and, it was natural that any attempt to break out would be resisted by vested interests and political rivals and would produce some kind of convulsion.
Read the full piece by Harish Khare at the Hindu: An opportunity, not a crisis
- The Websters: How Web Series Are Changing Dictionary of Stardom
- From Wuhan Spirit To Chennai Connect, Sino-Indian Ties Gather Momentum After Modi-Xi Meet
- Pakistan Gets 4 Months To Act Against Terror Funding, Escapes FATF 'Black List'
- Chidambaram 'Influenced, Intimitaded' Key Witness In INX Media Case: CBI To SC
- PMC Bank Scam: HDIL Promoters Wadhawans Get ED Custody Till Oct 22
- Rape Survivors Experience Health Problems For Years After Traumatic Episode
- Everything Is ‘Normal’ In The Wonderland That Is Kashmir
- Blaming BJP For Rot Within Won’t Help Congress
- Jadavpur Fracas Godsend For BJP, It Is Set To Crack Open Left's Citadel
- Aurat ka Dal, and 99 Other Reasons Why Not to Impose Hindi
- From Cambodian Polls To Broken Heart Syndrome, Valley Newspapers Carry Everything But Kashmir
- Controversial Ex-Hindu Mahasabha Leader Kamlesh Tiwari Shot Dead
- Fourth PMC Tragedy: 83-Year-Old Heart Patient Depositor Dies
- 2 NASA Astronauts Create 'HerStory' By Becoming Part Of 1st All-Female Spacewalk
- Over 300 Indians Deported From Mexico, Land In Delhi Today
- Sarfaraz Ahmed Removed As Pakistan Captain Across All Three Formats
- PM Modi Has Destroyed India's Economy: Rahul In Haryana
- Muslim Parties Refute Reports Of Sunni Waqf Board Withdrawing Ayodhya Case
- Stolen, Not Lost: Aggrieved Depositors Endorse Harsha Bhogle's Call