The Most Trusted Ally
Seema Chishti in the Indian Express: Jagan on its mind
...suddenly, what was kosher when YSR was alive, and what seemed to be serving the direct interests of the party, was enough to alert the most trusted ally of the coalition, the CBI. The CBI then charged him in several unrelated cases and saw it proper to finally jail him in a disproportionate assets case. How assiduous the CBI has been in other similar cases is a matter of public record. It will be hard to establish that the CBI is acting under undue pressure, but justice certainly appears most selective and is not seen to be done...
The last time Andhra felt slighted by a perceived insult to its chief minister on an airport tarmac — it led to the subsequent emergence of the TDP — there were consequences for national politics. The imprint lasted for at least 20 years. This time if the ruling party again believes it can get away with taking Jagan on, by insinuating that what had happened when YSR was around was okay but not anymore, then it may be in for a rude shock.
- Maharashtra Govt Formation: Cong-NCP Meet To Discuss Alliance With Sena Called Off
- Ruckus In Parliament Over Gandhis Losing SPG Cover; Congress, DMK Stage Walkout
- Subsidised JNU Fees Is Passport To Opportunity, Empowerment
- Does PM Modi's Praise For BJD In Rajya Sabha Hint At Possible Alliance?
- Congress Dominates Rajasthan Urban Local Bodies, Wins 961 Wards, BJP Gets 737
- One Hundred Days Of Solitude In Kashmir’s News World
- How T. N. Seshan's Poll Clean-up Operation Actually Helped Lalu Yadav In Bihar
- Domestic Violence Can Be Isolated, Repetitive Or Even Span Generations
- Bollywood’s Double Whammy For Bald People Is Regressive, Not Cool
- When Asked To Bend, We Turned To Kafka, George Orwell
- Rape Survivors Experience Health Problems For Years After Traumatic Episode
- 12-Year-Old Girl Stopped On Way To Sabarimala, Family Proceeds Without Her
- Owaisi Hits Back At Mamata Banerjee For Her 'Minority Extremism' Remark
- Amid Criticism, Rajya Sabha Marshals' New Uniform To Be Reviewed
- You Weren't Even Born When We Supported Hindutva: Shiv Sena Tells BJP
- The Joke’s On You: Politician, Celebrities Try Comedy At One Mic Stand
- Fee Hike Shouldn't Hit Poor Students: Super 30 Founder Anand Kumar On JNU Stir
- 16-Year-Old Terrorises Australia - VIDEO
- WC 2022 Qualifier: India Face Oman In Do-Or-Die Match