The Most Searched In India? Sunny Leone
This should not surprise anyone. The most searched trending person on Google in India during 2012 was Canadian-born porn-star and now Bollywood actress Sunny Leone, according to the Google Zeitgeist report for India for 2012. The full list:
Trending | People
- Sunny Leone
- Rajesh Khanna
- Poonam Pandey
- Alia Bhatt
- Nirmal Baba
- Sherlyn Chopra
- Yash Chopra
- Saif Ali Khan
- Diana Penty
- Vilasrao Deshmukh
In this film-obsessed nation, the deaths of Rajesh Khanna and Yash Chopra easily explain their presence, while Poonam Pandey who was #4 last year still managed to remain in the news, rising up by one position to #3. Sherlyn Chopra, Saif Ali Khan, Diana Penty and debutante Alia Bhatt are others from the glamour world.
Nirmal Baba, the controversial godman who faced allegations of fraud and cheating, and Vilasrao Deshmukh, former Maharashtra Chief Minister, who died in August was the lone politician on the list.
Bal Thackeray, among the other big political figures to have died, did not figure in any of the lists.
Last year’s top searched people was far more diverse, though it too had a preponderance of actors and models (topped by Katrina Kaif, Salman Khan at #3, Poonam Pandey at #4, Aishwarya Rai at #6 and Kareena Kapoor at #8. But it also included cricketer Sachin Tendulkar, late Apple CEO Steve Jobs, and singer Justin Bieber.
All Trending Searches:
Sunny Leone also made it to the top third over-all search:
- Gate Exams
- Sunny Leone
- Ek Tha Tiger
- Rowdy Rathore
- Rajesh Khanna
- Aakash Tablet
There are no surprises in the first two, as the first, viz. IBPS pertains to employment (“Institute of Banking Personnel Selection”) and the second to education (“GATE exams”, the qualifying test to enrol for graduate courses in the IITs),
The third of course was Sunny Leone. The fourth and fifth searches were both Salman Khan movies while Rajesh Khanna, at #7, was the fourth Bollywood-related search.
CBSE exam results fell from #3 last year to #6 this year.
The hype about Aakash tablet which was finally released this year and showcased at the UNO explains its inclusion while online retail portal Jabong.com that started its operations in January 2012 finds itself at the tenth place. What accounts for HDFC at #9? What accounts for the exclusion of much else that happened from the above lists?
Search us. We are indeed like this only.
- Supreme Court To Deliver Verdict On Validity Of Aadhaar Tomorrow
- Parliament Must Ensure Politicians With Criminal Charges Don't Contest Elections: SC
- Vijay Mallya Could Escape Deportation Till September 2019
- BLOG | What Nightlife, Cricket And Cinemas Have To Do With Kashmir Solution
- Asia Cup: India, Afghanistan Play Out Thrilling Tie In Their Last Super Four Match
- What Nightlife, Cricket And Cinemas Have To Do With Kashmir Solution
- The Fitness Of An Actress Is No Virtue To Be Extolled By Misogynistic Bollywood
- Why Railways' Largest Recruitment Drive May Fail To Address Passenger Safety Concerns
- Article 35A: An Unprecedented Situation In Kashmir
- Four Months Of Kumaraswami Govt: Karnataka Power Games Carry On
- Prashant Kishor No Exception, Nitish Has Always Relied On 'Apolitical' Advisors
- More You Throw Mud At BJP, The More Lotus Will Bloom: PM Modi
- Armed Forces Must Remain Uncontaminated From Sectarian Appeal: Manmohan Singh
- Virat Kohli, Saikhom Mirabai Chanu Conferred With Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Awards
- Demonetisation, Insolvency Law, GST, Will Help Sustain Growth 8%: Arun Jaitley
- Being MP Doesn’t Give You Liberty To Take Law in Your Hands: SC to Manoj Tiwari
- 35 IIT Students Stranded During Trek In Lahaaul-Spiti Are Safe, Says Himachal CM
- Tamil Nadu BJP Chief Nominates PM Modi For Nobel Peace Prize For Launching Ayushman Bharat
- 22 Killed, Schools Shut As Incessant Rains Pound Himachal, J&K And Punjab