The Monday Morning Primer
Good morning! It was on this day, 342 years ago, that Chhatrapati Shvaji Maharaj was crowned the first king of the Maratha.
- And coming to his home state, an unfortunate accident between a luxury bus and two cars on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway claimed the lives of seventeen people and injured 43 others. The bus driver is said to have lost control while maneuvering two parked cars on the expressway, about 11 kilometres from Panvel.
- The Samajwadi Party government in Uttar Pradesh has ordered a probe into the violence at Mathura which has reportedly claimed 29 lives. A report in the TOI claims that the state government disregarded 40 intelligence reports which indicated that something had been brewing in the city.
- The ongoing tug-of-war between the Centre and the judiciary continues. For the first time, the government has rejected the SC collegium’s recommendation of a HC chief justice, twice.
- Holi may be long gone but the postal department is planning on adding colour to your life. The khaki is said to be out from the lives of postmen and replaced by ‘colourful clothes’ and a baseball cap. Life was just getting too drab.
- And in other news, Novak Djokovic beat Andy Murray to win the French Open last night. Oh, and 42-year-old Leander Paes won another Grand Slam and is in contention for the Rio Olympics now.
And it also seems that good things do come to those who wait. After being rejected by close to 18,000 potential owners, ‘Britain’s loneliest dog’, Freya, has landed a role in the next Transformers movie.
- PM Modi Welcomes Chinese President Xi Jinping In Mamallapuram
- Postpaid Mobile Service Likely To Resume In Kashmir From Saturday
- A 'Clerical Error' Leading To Musical Chairs In Congress' Tripura & Other North-East Units
- Soul Of Cricket Reforms Has Become Impure: RM Lodha
- India v South Africa, Pune Test: Kohli, Bowlers Leave SA In Tatters
- Everything Is ‘Normal’ In The Wonderland That Is Kashmir
- Blaming BJP For Rot Within Won’t Help Congress
- Jadavpur Fracas Godsend For BJP, It Is Set To Crack Open Left's Citadel
- Aurat ka Dal, and 99 Other Reasons Why Not to Impose Hindi
- From Cambodian Polls To Broken Heart Syndrome, Valley Newspapers Carry Everything But Kashmir
- The World Is Watching India. It Won't Let Us Get Away On Kashmir, NRC For Too Long
- Nobel Peace Prize 2019 Awarded To Ethiopian PM Abiy Ahmed Ali
- Govt's Advt In J&K Newspapers Asks People To Resume Normal Life
- Kohli 1st Indian To Score 7 Double Tons
- Chinese Flags Burnt In Guwahati As Xi Jinping Arrives In India
- Use Of Religion As Commodity, A La Baba Ramdev, Is Gross Misuse
- 'Shame On Us': Aparna Sen Tweets To 'Madam CM' Over Bengal Murders
- Portrait Of A Cyanide Killer: How Kerala's Jolly Killed 6 Of A Family Meal By Meal
- Indian Premier League: Anil Kumble Named Head Coach Of Kings XI Punjab