The Latest Bond Girl
Meet the latest Bond girl -- Queen Elizabeth II, whose unexpected appearance in Danny Boyle's £27 million production with Daniel Craig as James Bond stole the show on the night she opened the Games, telling the world: "I declare open the Games of London, celebrating the 30th Olympiad of the modern era."
The Queen's appearance in the Danny Boyle film footage showed her appearing to skydive into the stadium with Daniel Craig playing James Bond in a pre-recorded sequence that was one of the highlights of the night.
The scene showed Daniel Craig, walking into Buckingham Palace to pick up the Queen, who is shown sitting at her writing desk.
She greets him with the words "Good evening, Mr Bond", and then the pair apparently board a helicopter which flows across London to the stadium.
They parachute down to the ground, but at the last moment – and in real-time – the Queen appeared in the arena, in the same peach cocktail dress by Angela Kelly, and a peach headpiece with handmade porcelain flowers.
The film was shot in 2011 and starred her own dogs – including 13-year-old Monty, previously owned by the Queen Mother, nine-year-old Holly, and a third corgi, Willow.
In the helicopter scene, she was played by Julia McKenzie, famed for portraying Miss Marple, while the two parachutists seen leaping from the helicopter were Gary Connery and Mark Sutton.
The Buckingham Palace spokeswoman said the Queen has been to two James Bond premieres – Die Another Day in 2002 and Casino Royale in 2006, while she visited the James Bond set at Pinewood Studios in 2007.
- 'Bade' Misra, Chhote Mishra And Doval: The Big Three In PM Narendra Modi's Braintrust
- 'Give Us Our Old India Where Hindus Felt Muslims, Dalits' Pain': Ghulam Nabi Azad To BJP
- Jharkhand Lynching: 3 People Arrested After Man Beaten, Forced To Chant 'Jai Sri Ram' Dies
- All-Round Shakib Helps Bangladesh Seal Crucial Win Over Afghanistan
- Pakistan Did Not Come Into Our Airspace After Balakot Airstrike: IAF Chief Dhanoa
- Trump's America Is Once Again Locking Horns With Iran. What Should India Do?
- Do Driving And Education Have A Connection?
- Ola, Ole! How's The Patient Doing?
- Salman Khan’s Fears Misplaced, No Reviewer Can Make Or Mar A Film Destined For Greatness
- With No Malls, No App-Based Economy, Kashmir Stuck At Where It Was 2 Decades Ago
- India, Pakistan And The Cost Of A Cup Of Tea In Kashmir
- Mayawati Ditches Samajwadi Party, Says BSP Will Fight All Elections On Its Own
- UP: Police In Badaun Point Gun At People During Regular Vehicle Checking -- VIDEO
- '... Film Abhi Baaki Hai,' Says Ex-Mamata Aide Mukul Roy As Another Group Of TMC Leaders Joins BJP
- Wing Commander Abhinandan’s Moustache Should Be Made ‘National Moustache’: Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury
- AES Deaths In Muzaffarpur: Court Orders Probe Against Harsh Vardhan, Mangal Pandey
- Padma Shri Award Did Not Help Me, People Are Not Giving Me Any Work: Daitari Naik
- Andhra CM Jagan Mohan Reddy Orders Demolition Of 'Illegal' Building Built By Chandrababu Naidu
- Madan Lal Saini, Rajasthan BJP Chief, Dies At 75