The Latest Bond Girl
Meet the latest Bond girl -- Queen Elizabeth II, whose unexpected appearance in Danny Boyle's £27 million production with Daniel Craig as James Bond stole the show on the night she opened the Games, telling the world: "I declare open the Games of London, celebrating the 30th Olympiad of the modern era."
The Queen's appearance in the Danny Boyle film footage showed her appearing to skydive into the stadium with Daniel Craig playing James Bond in a pre-recorded sequence that was one of the highlights of the night.
The scene showed Daniel Craig, walking into Buckingham Palace to pick up the Queen, who is shown sitting at her writing desk.
She greets him with the words "Good evening, Mr Bond", and then the pair apparently board a helicopter which flows across London to the stadium.
They parachute down to the ground, but at the last moment – and in real-time – the Queen appeared in the arena, in the same peach cocktail dress by Angela Kelly, and a peach headpiece with handmade porcelain flowers.
The film was shot in 2011 and starred her own dogs – including 13-year-old Monty, previously owned by the Queen Mother, nine-year-old Holly, and a third corgi, Willow.
In the helicopter scene, she was played by Julia McKenzie, famed for portraying Miss Marple, while the two parachutists seen leaping from the helicopter were Gary Connery and Mark Sutton.
The Buckingham Palace spokeswoman said the Queen has been to two James Bond premieres – Die Another Day in 2002 and Casino Royale in 2006, while she visited the James Bond set at Pinewood Studios in 2007.
- From Lipsticks To Toothpastes To Milk, Counterfeit Products Make A Killing
- 'No Economic Slowdown': Govt Cites Earnings Of 3 Movies, Says 'Sound Economy'
- Five Injured In Grenade Attack In Srinagar
- Chennai Vision Beginning Of New Era In India-China Relations: Modi After Meeting Jinping
- India v South Africa, 2nd Test: Ashwin Four-fer Gives IND A Healthy Lead
- Everything Is ‘Normal’ In The Wonderland That Is Kashmir
- Blaming BJP For Rot Within Won’t Help Congress
- Jadavpur Fracas Godsend For BJP, It Is Set To Crack Open Left's Citadel
- Aurat ka Dal, and 99 Other Reasons Why Not to Impose Hindi
- From Cambodian Polls To Broken Heart Syndrome, Valley Newspapers Carry Everything But Kashmir
- The World Is Watching India. It Won't Let Us Get Away On Kashmir, NRC For Too Long
- 'Open Hate Is Disturbing': Naseeruddin Shah On Unabated Mob Violence
- China's Support Helps Imran Khan Strut Back To Pakistan
- Can't Just Damn GST, It's Law Now: Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman
- Women Exempted From Odd-Even Rule, No Relief For CNG Cars: Delhi Govt
- Boxing Worlds: Rani Enters Final; Mary, Jamuna Settle For Bronze
- All Postpaid Mobile Phone Services To Be Restored In Kashmir From Monday
- 'Perennial Problem' Comes Back To Haunt India, Leaves Gavaskar Fuming
- IND Vs SA: Kohli, Saha Compete For Best Catch Of The Match - WATCH